IGNORED

2016 Mets World Championship Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Maybe I missed something, but I'm pretty sure those three are off playing golf somewhere, not baseball.  This is the team that traded most of its prospects off last year, so there's little chance of a significant trade, and that has two of its better starting pitchers with bone spurs, so they may not last the entire season.  

That also has charts showing the probability of making the playoffs.  They're estimating the Mets are just barely better than even money right now.

Thats not true at all. Both Matz and Thors spurs are minor and they expected to have normal workloads throughout this season. Matz will probably miss spring training next year. 

The mets farm system is short on prospects at some positions, but all of their top pitching prospects are still in place. 

An interesting series starts tonight.  The Mets could catch the division-leading Nationals, or fall as far as 8 games behind.  I'm guessing neither will happen, the Nats will start the break with at least a 4 game lead.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mets will throw Matz, Thor and the great Bartbino in this series. I like their chances to take 3 of 4. The ghost of matt williams still haunts the nats. And low long is it going to be until Dusty bakes the entire pitching staff? 

Tonight will be interesting, old man Colon against the young stud Giolito.  The young guy threw 4 innings of shutout against the Mets in his first major league start, who knows what his second start will hold.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Tonight will be interesting, old man Colon against the young stud Giolito.  The young guy threw 4 innings of shutout against the Mets in his first major league start, who knows what his second start will hold.

Baker will make him throw 12 innings. 

Its a shame to lose a good player like that, but it happens to most teams from time to time.  Even with Harvey's problems this season he was thought to be better than his replacement.  The Nats are lucky to have Giolito in the pipeline, even considering his tough outing last night.  What's on for tonight, another pitcher's duel like last night?:bugout:

Dave

(edited)
5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Its a shame to lose a good player like that, but it happens to most teams from time to time.  Even with Harvey's problems this season he was thought to be better than his replacement.  The Nats are lucky to have Giolito in the pipeline, even considering his tough outing last night.  What's on for tonight, another pitcher's duel like last night?:bugout:

It explains his shoulder issues. Mets willl bring up guys from AA and AAA to replace him until they find a fit. The bats are hot. Kershaw couldn't slow down the mighty mets right now. 

Strasburg vs Thor tonight. I doubt there will be 25 hits in this one. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

Mets have definitely been hot, but  Strasburg hasn't lost all year, and has looked great since he had a couple of weeks off.  The Nats chased Syndergaard after 3 in their last match-up.   Looks like a toss-up to me.

Dave

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Mets have definitely been hot, but  Strasburg hasn't lost all year, and has looked great since he had a couple of weeks off.  The Nats chased Syndergaard after 3 in their last match-up.   Looks like a toss-up to me.

He's just had the one outing where he got pulled with a no hitter going agaist the reds. The reds swing and miss more than any team in the NL though. Thor has been blazing his last two starts. 

18 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

The bats are hot. Kershaw couldn't slow down the mighty mets right now. 

Maybe Kershaw couldn't slow down the Mets, but Strasburg sure did.  Series even now, two to go, and Scherzer-Verrett looks like the edge is to the Nationals tonight.  Tomorrow, edge to the Mets, Gio hasn't been anything close to consistent for a while.

Dave

Nats go into the break with a 6 game lead, took the series against the Mets 3-1. :banana:  And it looks like the Mets have used up their pitchers, one with bone spurs, one with bone spurs and "arm fatigue", and a third out for the year.  Its a long ways to 110 wins.  

Dave

Nats are phonies. 

16 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Nats go into the break with a 6 game lead, took the series against the Mets 3-1. :banana:  And it looks like the Mets have used up their pitchers, one with bone spurs, one with bone spurs and "arm fatigue", and a third out for the year.  Its a long ways to 110 wins.  

The Nats are phonies and un-American. 

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Nats are phonies. 

The Nats are phonies and un-American. 

I love it when the opposition is reduced to name-calling:whistle:

Dave

10 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I love it when the opposition is reduced to name-calling:whistle:

It won't be long until it is discovered that the Nats support ISIS. Its up to the mets to defeat evil. 

Scherzer got lucky...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Anthony Rizzo better stay out of New York. Them batteries will be flying! 

He's safe, that looks to have been the last series the Mets will lose to the Cubs this season.  Unless the Mets are lucky enough to get the last wild-card spot.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!