IGNORED

2016 Mets World Championship Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Leave your thoughts and comments on the Mets glorious world championship season here. 

Big win against the pretender Nats last night. Bartolo the hero shut it down with 7 strong. On his 143rd birthday no less. 

So after the Mets got outscored by the Nationals 16-4 in three games at home, one win puts the Mets into the World Series?  Good luck.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At least the NL East started out interesting.  Let's see what the standings look like in July.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

We'll see what the NL East looks like after the All-Star break.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4 minutes ago, krupa said:

At least the NL East started out interesting.  Let's see what the standings look like in July.

Four of the five teams are above 500, it'll be interesting to see if that continues.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Im really surprised by Philly's play. I had them as one of the worst teams in the show before the season started. Nice little staff they have down there. 

14 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

So after the Mets got outscored by the Nationals 16-4 in three games at home, one win puts the Mets into the World Series?  Good luck.

Yes. And non-belivers will be shamed. 

Did you know Cespedes leads MLB in home runs? What a beast! 

Yes, 1969 was a glorious year.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That's weird. You spelled "Red Sox" wrong in the thread title.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

18 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Yes. And non-belivers will be shamed. 

Maybe if the Mets post a few wins from games they play by themselves, they have a chance. :whistle:

Dave

Fellow Mets fan. Born in upstate N.Y. 1968. Grew up in Denver and been in Phoenix since 1999. Still die hard Mets fan. Only team I still follow from New York.

• Upvote 1

7-4?

Dave

Matt Harvey is being tar and feathered as we speak. 

12 hours ago, PhxHacker said:

Fellow Mets fan. Born in upstate N.Y. 1968. Grew up in Denver and been in Phoenix since 1999. Still die hard Mets fan. Only team I still follow from New York.

:beer:

Crowning the Mets at this point is premature at best and I'm a die hard Mets fan.  With Duda out they don't have a true first baseman and will miss his bat.  Matt Harvey and DeGrom are not close to their 2015 fastball speeds and control and Matz is having some elbow issues.  The bullpen is getting more work than anticipated and it's still very early in the season.   Conforto and Cespedes have had hot bats but that won't last all season.  

Joe Paradiso

(edited)
27 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Crowning the Mets at this point is premature at best and I'm a die hard Mets fan.  With Duda out they don't have a true first baseman and will miss his bat.  Matt Harvey and DeGrom are not close to their 2015 fastball speeds and control and Matz is having some elbow issues.  The bullpen is getting more work than anticipated and it's still very early in the season.   Conforto and Cespedes have had hot bats but that won't last all season.  

Being from long island, i realize the soul crushing veil of hopelessness encompasses you at all times, but there is no need for such low optimism. Yes, there is absolutely nobody to replace Duda, and i expect them to make a trade for a guy in the coming weeks. But Conforto, Walker and Cespedes can maintain a baseline production that will weather through Duda's absense. You can count on him missing 30-40 games a year anyway, so i wasn't too broken up when he had the back thing. Its managements fail for not having a utility guy or groom in place. 

The east is way more competitive than i thought it would be. Philly and Miami will be banging on the Nats just as much as the Mets.  So .550 ball through the all star break may get it done.

Im not worried about Matz or DeGrom. They're pitching great and Collins is careful with their workload. Maybe that is working the pen more than it needs to but its not a problem IMO. Harvey being shelled the way he has been is a little shocking, but i felt it coming. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

Note: This thread is 2718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!