IGNORED

Being Consistent

rfeight
Note: This thread is 2828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Fourputt said:

Maybe what you need is to move up a tee box?

maybe. I already play from the whites, but you might be right. Just to get the feel

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, rfeight said:

maybe. I already play from the whites, but you might be right. Just to get the feel

I'm lucky in that my home course offers 4 tee sets, and none of them are red, so no stigma about "ladies" tees.  I can play the blue (6578) or the white (6103) nearly equally, even though the blues are 475 yards longer.  I don't mess with the black tees, and I only play the golds (5362 yards) with one group of guys who are even older and shorter than my 69 years and 230 yard drives.  If I played at a lower elevation like you do, I'd be looking at the same issues that you face.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

There's a good fitter around here that I went to for the Driver fitting in spring. I can see now that that was a little early due to not having my swing grooved yet. I was WAAY over the top. Now i'm just over the top. LOL.

Anyway, They offer a gap fitting. See http://www.milesofgolf.com/club-fitting/club-fitting-ann-arbor/maxx-gap-fitting1/

I'm thinking that my old clubs might not be as long as say a pair of Adams, which I hear have better lofts to let you hit farther. My thought is a combo of lesson and fitting. I think I could use from a little wisdom on alignment, grip, swing confirmation or correction followed by something a little more up-to-date with clubs. Although I was thinking clubs at the end of season for a better deal. Am I delusional to think that clubs will help and I should focus on lessons.

FYI, there is a club secret , I hear from league players that work at my course, that one of the lesser expensive pros is really good at fixing/correcting swings. "He's the guy." He doesn't teach you new swing, he fixes what you have. Thoughts on clubs versus lesson? Any experience with the decision?

Note: This thread is 2828 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!