IGNORED

My Swing (rauhlyfe)

rauhlyfe
Note: This thread is 2890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 15 years
My current handicap index or average score is: Unknown, I usually shoot mid 80's
My typical ball flight is: push draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hook

Videos: 

You are not likely to get much advice from the camera angle you have here. By putting the camera at that angle you are going to introduce distortions which can fool those of us trying to give you advice. Best case is to have the camera down the line and also one from face on. 

Also what kind of camera are you using? Better advice is going to come from a higher frame rate camera. If you have an iPhone or the latest Samsung you should be able to do at least 120fps. Latest ones can do 240fps. This way we can see more of the clubhead.

Here is a great article on how to video your swing. 

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

• Upvote 1

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@rauhlyfe typically we like folks to post around the forum before providing too much advice in their swing thread. Idea is that you contribute to the forum by adding your experiences and advice to different threads and then we can offer ours in your swing thread. That said, I have a few thoughts for your swing. 

First is related to your address. Your gaze is too high, so you are only looking at the ball through the bottom of your eyes. This can become a balance issue. You want to see the entire ball in your eyesight. Here is Robert Rock with his head tilted more towards the ball and his back is more rounded.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.18.03 AM.png

You also have too much weight on your toes. You need to be more balanced. Your armpits need to be over the balls of your feet. This will also help with balance.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.26.19 AM.png

Your backswing is pretty good. Not much to mention. The start of your downswing is where your hook comes from. Your right hip moves immediately towards the ball. This will cause your path to be in to out and when your timing is good its a draw and when it is bad it will be a hook. You need to swing with your butt on a wall and start your downswing by rotating and not kicking your right hip in. Robert's right hip has not moved anywhere near as close to the ball as yours.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.20.00 AM.png

So there are some things to work on. Start posting around the forum and work on those thing and then post another swing to show your progress.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, mchepp said:

@rauhlyfe typically we like folks to post around the forum before providing too much advice in their swing thread. Idea is that you contribute to the forum by adding your experiences and advice to different threads and then we can offer ours in your swing thread. That said, I have a few thoughts for your swing. 

First is related to your address. Your gaze is too high, so you are only looking at the ball through the bottom of your eyes. This can become a balance issue. You want to see the entire ball in your eyesight. Here is Robert Rock with his head tilted more towards the ball and his back is more rounded.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.18.03 AM.png

You also have too much weight on your toes. You need to be more balanced. Your armpits need to be over the balls of your feet. This will also help with balance.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.26.19 AM.png

Your backswing is pretty good. Not much to mention. The start of your downswing is where your hook comes from. Your right hip moves immediately towards the ball. This will cause your path to be in to out and when your timing is good its a draw and when it is bad it will be a hook. You need to swing with your butt on a wall and start your downswing by rotating and not kicking your right hip in. Robert's right hip has not moved anywhere near as close to the ball as yours.

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.20.00 AM.png

So there are some things to work on. Start posting around the forum and work on those thing and then post another swing to show your progress.

Thanks for the pointers! I will be sure to go around the forums and make some contributions :)

Note: This thread is 2890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!