IGNORED

Too Good to be True?

Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I just messaged a guy on craigslist about a titleist 913D2 driver with an Oban shaft in it (which I looked up, and new it was $300), a titleist 910f wood, and a ping bag. I was texting him and asked if he would do $60 for the driver (I was lowballing a little there, tight on cash), and he said no. I said sorry I'll probably look around a little more. He then proceeds to call me and says he'd do $90 for the driver, the bag (which is in decent condition) and the fairway wood. The guy sounds like an absolute brick, and I'm thinking that he maybe just needs money now.

Does this sound like it may be some sort of scam or something? I'm a little hesitant to drop $90 just in case the driver and fairway wood are fake. What do you all think? 

:titleist: 913D2 

:ping: i 4-PW white dot

:titleist: Vokey 50*, 54*, and 58*

:odyssey: White Hot #7

The 910f is worth, on its own, probably only about $15-50 (shaft dependent) at this point in time. The bag, depending on the condition and model, could be worth between $15 and $100 dollars or so. The driver is what you'd be getting the best deal on, just because the 913D2 is worth somewhere around $150-200 with a decent shaft in it right now. Odds are he either got a new driver and wants to dump this one, or he is tight on money and needs it now. 

I'd say that's quite a good deal and to jump on it if you were interested in the driver. Depending on the bag and the shaft in the 910f you might be able to break even while keeping the driver. As always with Craigslist deals, don't go alone and make sure to meet in a public parking lot if possible (preferably one that has security cameras) just to be on the safe side. You can inspect the clubs and make sure everything is good to go before you purchase. Looking online you can find a lot of information about the common flaws if it were counterfeit, but I've found similarly good deals on older/used equipment in the past. I got a full set of KBS shafts, from LW to 3i, for ~$100 with only the LW, SW, GW, and 7i having ever been installed in a club before when the shafts retail for $30 each new (meaning I essentially got 6 new shafts and 4 shafts used once on the range for 66% off retail). 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!