IGNORED

College Football Playoff

acing1
Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my opinion, it is a crying shame that money and power has prevented major college football from crowning its champion on the field, as all other football divisions do and all other collegiate sports do. Just think of the excitement that would be generated with a college football playoff consisting of the best eight teams in the country. It would be like March Madness on steroids. Sorry Roger, no offense.

• 2 weeks later...
Awhile back I used to buy into the "Any publicity is good publicity" argument for the NCAA and I used to tell myself that whenever people complained about it, all they were doing were pleasing those such as School Presidents....

I have singe changed my mind.

Seems pressure mounts more and more as every year a few schools feel left out of a NC chance and they get mad and demand a playoff.

Though the Rose Bowl uses threats (such as "We won't join any playoff") I kind of laugh at that...like they would really push themselves away from an 8-team playoff and like the schools that COULD enter the playoff from the Big10/Pac10 would want to enter the Rose...call their bluff
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

I used to think that a playoff was the best scenario, especially this year with Georgia really getting screwed over, I'll talk about that later.

Now, as far as playoffs go, it would be so difficult, there are over 100 division 1 teams, then there are dozens of conferences worth of teams, along with those that aren't in the conference, plus if you can only take 1 team from each conference it still would not be legit because take the SEC for example they usually have 2 to 3 teams in the top 10 at the end of the year, but with a playoff system the better team might be knocked out b/c they didn't win their conference. I just think that yes the BCS is all about money, but if they could think of any way to go to a playoff system then they would, depending on the money being there, but I just don't see how it can be possible.

NOW TO GEORGIA,

I'm a huge Ohio State fan, lived here most of my life, but Georgia got F****D out of the spot in the national championship. They were behind us at the end of the regular season, and because they did not play in the SEC championship game, they give up their spot in the title game? BS TO THE MAX, they were 4th, they should go, screw all these conference championships, all they do is give teams that shouldn't make it a chance. Without the SEC championship Georgia goes and LSU might play Hawaii instead of Georgia getting screwed out of their rightful spot...my opinion but its bs.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I agree that UGA got screwed but they didn't win their conference AND they have 2 losses. When you do both of those, you have no say in whether or not you go to the NCG, imo
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

A playoff system would ruin college football. Everyone says Georgia got screwed this season, but in reality they didn't. Mizzou did. Let's see, they beat Illinois(Rose Bowl Contender with 3 loses), crushed Kansas, made it to the Big 12 Championship, and lost to Oklahoma again (Second time). They were the ones that should've been sent instead of Kansas or Illinois, instead of the Cotton Bowl which they destroyed Arkansas.

The way to make the BCS better would be to have the Big 10 actually end on time (in 2009 I believe they have added bys so they will). This will allow for them not to jump up places, when they're not even playing. The last games of the year should be the Big 12, SEC, and ACC Championship, and then for the Conferences you will have everyone ranked accordingly.

Then, they should actually choose based on schedule stregnth. I don't think the WAC will see a BCS bowl game for a long time until they actually come over to the SEC or a good PAC 10 team. Then, you should actually have good BCS games.

Anyway, it's sad that this was the most exciting and fun college football year ever, and it got ruined by poor matchups in the bowls. And when LSU wins by at least 10 tonight, I believe it'll finally make some changes happen.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I actually heard that a lot of college presidents are going to talk about a possible +1 system sometime in the near future. So there's hope at least.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Then, they should actually choose based on schedule stregnth. I don't think the WAC will see a BCS bowl game for a long time until they actually come over to the SEC or a good PAC 10 team. Then, you should actually have good BCS games.

Luckily, they get that chance to start the 2008 season. Hawaii plays my Gators in the Swamp for their season opener. I'm pretty stoked about seeing that.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Luckily, they get that chance to start the 2008 season. Hawaii plays my Gators in the Swamp for their season opener. I'm pretty stoked about seeing that.

Based on their showing against Georgia...it should be a blowout...they can't stop the run, therefore Tebow will have a field day.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

In my opinion, it is a crying shame that money and power has prevented major college football from crowning its champion on the field, as all other football divisions do and all other collegiate sports do. Just think of the excitement that would be generated with a college football playoff consisting of the best eight teams in the country. It would be like March Madness on steroids. Sorry Roger, no offense.

Jeezus. Get out of my face with college football.

Put up a profile on ESPN.com if you want to talk about that crap. I think Appalachian State would kick everybody's butt in a chip-off.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Yeah I saw that UF scheduled Hawaii for the season opener. In all my honestly, I see a 6 touchdown blow out by UF, but by scheduling decent teams with other conferences will make college football much better. Ohio St is coming down to USC, so it'll give the Big 10 something to prove, and UGA is coming out for the fourth game of the year to ASU! if all goes right, ASU will be top 10, UGA will easily be top 3, ESPN is coming down for the best game on Sept. 20. What's even better is ASU then goes back to UGA the following year, so scheduling good out of conference games is great for the game. So hopefully next year is just as great as this year was.

Also, UGA is saying that it is time for a 8 team playoff bracket. If they had done it this year, both Hawaii and WV would be left out of their BCS bowl games. The playoff system would not fix anything, just create more problems. A +1 system could be interesting, but then teams get left out once again. I think the system works if they stop just going for the money (send Hawaii because they'll fly out, send Kansas cause their fans travel, etc) Also, the Big 10/Pac 10 Rose Bowl this year was absurd, in the rules it says if the NC is from either the Pac or the Big10, then it is at large for that conference. Illinois should have never gone, and Mizzou should have been chosen, and then we have one good BCS game this year.

Anyway, I really do like this system and believe it works, 64 teams get to compete against opponents, some they've never seen before like VT and Kansas, and after this year it showed the flaws and how things turn out if done poorly, and I believe it will be corrected for next year. BTW, the regular bowl games this year were outstanding, the opener with Navy Utah, UCLA and BYU, Houston and TCU, UF and Michigan, the list goes on.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

oh, this is brutal

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I may be the one Georgia fan who DOESN'T think we got screwed.

I was upset when we didn't move into the BCS when #'s 1 & 2 lost in teh last week of the season, but on the flip side, had we been in LSU's position and had them go to the title game if we were the SEC champs AND had the same record to boot, I would have been ticked off.

UGA screwed themselves when we lost to Tennessee and South Carolina. We had a young team that grew up as the season went along, and although I think we could have played with and perhaps beaten just about any team in the nation at the end of the season, there was no getting around the fact that we lost twice in the first few weeks.

All that being said, I would prefer a plus 1 to a playoff.

In My Bag

Driver: 907 D1 10.5 Regular flex
3 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19Hybrid: Rescue Dual 225-GW: G5Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 58Putter: White Hot 2-ballBall: Mojo

Based on their showing against Georgia...it should be a blowout...they can't stop the run, therefore Tebow will have a field day.

Well, trying not to get too off topic, they will have a little different offensive attack next year. Tebow and Cameron Newton will both be calling the shots from the QB spot with Tebow running much less. Which this is what they are saying, but I will believe it when I see it. Oh, and thanks for making us look complacent like OSU last year.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Also, UGA is saying that it is time for a 8 team playoff bracket. If they had done it this year, both Hawaii and WV would be left out of their BCS bowl games.

Lost Ball sees no problem with that

Much better than the system now Screwing a team around #9 or #10 is much better than #2 or #3

- A.A. Milne

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!