• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• The courses played +3.2 relative to par on the first day.  That is why Rory's and Cantlay's strokes gained were +8.2 better than average. They played stupidly good on a very tough test. It happens. Some people can have one day of good golf. There are 4 rounds. just for some perspective and to put some FACTS behind what you said.  The Memorial played +1.5 relative to par. So the first round of The US Open played 2x as hard as the Memorial did.  The Masters played +1.91 relative to par.  The RBC played +0.29 relative to par. The Charles Swab played +0.82 relative to par.  If that continues it would be the toughest test of golf by like 1.3 strokes. Nearly 68% tougher.   
    • Shot a +8 for 9 holes. The course was playing tough. Firm and fast. You had to be careful of the ball just taking a bad kick into the trees. The course doesn't cut the fairways down to where you can get a ton of spin. You almost have to slightly thin it to get spin. A lot of shots end up a few grooves high on the club face. The grass just stands up a bit, and it is easy to get slightly under it. The greens are decently sloped, and are stupidly firm, it is tough to stop the ball. Like, you hit to the middle of the green and the likely result is the ball is on the fringe or back rough.  I have to fix this toe hook I am having. I the swing feels decent, just over drawing more than I want. It is tough for me to feel like I can open the club face up that much to counter act it. Especially with the driver since I sole the club down on the ground to grip the club. I am not feeling like I am hitting that far inside to out. I wonder if it is an alignment issue. Like, maybe my slight push is a straight ball and the toe hook might be a straight hook. I might play a practice round out there and lay an alignment stick down to get a feel for where I am aiming and what I am actually hitting. 
    • As far as I can tell today it’s not even the toughest test of golf in the month of June.  
    • It happens to the greatest of players. I once let my pride ruin a round and tee’d up 6 balls and all went in the water. On the 7th I finally cleared the creek. I lost count after that lol 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...