IGNORED

My Swing (IMacWGC)

IMacWGC
Note: This thread is 2549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 3.5
My typical ball flight is: Fairly straight- slight draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'm currently working on fixing a big push with my drives. I think it's happening because I tend to get pretty flat on my back swing and come too far from the inside but I'm not really sure. 

Videos: 

• Administrator

Better camera angles (and a face-on camera angle) are important.

Welcome to TST.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my opinon, you are too bent over at address. Also, the club gets steep quite early in the backswing. One or both of these facts may be the cause of the push as you dont have room at impact to turn the club left (instead you pull out of the shot causing the push right) I would try and feel more like you are sitting on a bar stall at address (as advocated by Hogan) and feel the club goes back in a straighter line.  Then I would film the swing again and post it to see if there is an improvement. 

Disclaimer, I am no pro, I play off about 5 and I enjoy studying the golf swing, but this is just my opinion and may not actually help your game :0  

• Administrator

The pushes can come from being steep and across the line, to shallowing so much you drop it way inside and too shallow. Yes.

But before you get too much more advice, better camera angles and slow-mo if possible…

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here are a few shots from my first time trying to film myself. My filming skills are a work in progress but hopefully this is a little better. I felt like I hit it pretty decent tonight despite having what looks like poor alignment. 

Here are a few more videos from last night. I've been working on getting my hands a bit higher and my left wrist flatter but I'm really having a hard time getting my hands higher. I feel like I exaggerate it sometimes and the swing still comes out looking pretty flat. Then when I do actually get them in a good position I struggle to maintain my balance.

Any suggestions? Am I trying to fix something that isn't really broken or should I keep working away from the flat position up top?

• 1 month later...

I've been playing the best golf of my life this year. I made my second ace a few weeks ago and my cap is going down below 3 for the first time. The driver is still holding me back though so I've been working pretty hard at it. I thought I'd stop by to share some progress.

Note: This thread is 2549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!