IGNORED

Heath Ledger, Dead

JaY_B
Note: This thread is 5945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For any one who doesn't know here is the news link

I personally can not believe it, It's so unexpected and he has always been one of my favourite actors

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

WOW... just watched a movie (Candy) where he plays a heroin addict, finished watching it a few hours ago. Kind of crazy. He did seem like a promising young actor.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I believe his death had something to do with his role as Joker in upcoming Batman movie.

Heath Ledger, the talented 28-year-old actor who gravitated toward dark, brooding roles that defied his leading-man looks, was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, facedown at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.

Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the newspaper. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which worked for only an hour, the paper said.
- Source

So, I thought he must've taken more pills than the normal dosage all at once. What do you think?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

quite sad really. he was born in perth western australia(where i am from) and every news channel had a bio on his life for their full 30 min current affair show. poor bloke. hollywood actors have a lot, but also nothing at all...

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Pretty sad, left behind a 2 year old daughter, but yeah sounds like work got the best of him and he just took too much medicine at once without realizing it.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I believe his death had something to do with his role as Joker in upcoming Batman movie.

The guy reportedly had pneumonia (MSNBC this morning). I am pretty tired of the media implying a cause of death. I am pretty tired of celeb watchers buying that and their inference. Last time I checked, he wasn't doing any Nicole Ritchie or Britney Spears act. The guy is dead. We can be kinder to his memory than a bunch of tabloid reporting. (this is all IMHO)

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

The guy reportedly had pneumonia (MSNBC this morning). I am pretty tired of the media implying a cause of death. I am pretty tired of celeb watchers buying that and their inference. Last time I checked, he wasn't doing any Nicole Ritchie or Britney Spears act. The guy is dead. We can be kinder to his memory than a bunch of tabloid reporting. (this is all IMHO)

Agree with everything you just said, People should not believe everything the media says.

Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Damn he was a great actor. Only 28 yrs old. Very, very sad.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

For any one who doesn't know here is the news

yeah he was not only an amazing actor, but an all round lad. this is one of the biggest things to rock the film industry. Kinda like James Dean.

Everyone in Sydney is so rocked and stunned. I guess all the rumours are out there now. But i will wait until i hear some of the coroner's report before i get on the recreational "drug" bandwagon.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

i loved his roll in the movie "A Knights Tale"
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator

At the same time, though, if he did die of a drug overdose (even accidental and not out of some habit or addiction), it's worth making a bit of hay about that so that perhaps someone else's life can be saved or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wasn't that the guy in Brokeback Mountain? Don't really care - in fact, I don't care much about today's celeb tabloids, movies, or much at all (if that doesn't show in the mere fact I don't know who he is...)

Methinks the Grill Room is better off without so many current social/political events...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yeah he was the one in that movie, co starring with jake gillenhall or whatever.
What's In The Bag?

Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Some unfortunate reading material about his death..

Heath Ledger recently gave an interview to WJW FOX in Cleveland where he said, "I feel good about dying because I feel alive through her." He was talking about his young daughter Matilda.

And also, due to his role in Brokeback Mountain. The WBC Church from Kansas, ran by Fred Phelps and also runs the site www.godhatesfags.com , plans to picket his funeral. A link to the flier that they made is available. ( http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/...k-mountain.pdf )

Very sad.

In my Syncro Bag;
Driver SQ Sumo 9.5
3 Wood Sumo 2 13
Hybrids SQ Sumo2 20
Irons CCI 4-SWWedge SV Black Chrome Milled 60Putter White Hot XG #9 34"Ball Pro V1

Do you guys think that he accidentally od'ed if that is what happened or does anyone know if he was depressed?
What's In The Bag?

I think it was an accident involving an overdose of sleeping pills because he couldn't sleep, ironic in a sad way that he never woke up :(

Do you guys think that he accidentally od'ed if that is what happened or does anyone know if he was depressed?

MSNBC reported this morning that the initial autopsy was inconclusive.

If he had a few grams of benzodiazepines in him, that would have shown up.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!