IGNORED

Potential Fake Callaway Rogue Driver

Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I need advise on this one. So I came up through an offer in OfferUp where they are selling a slightly used Callway Rogue driver. Now, the driver seems to be in perfect condition but I am afraid that this might be a counterfeit. On one hand I see that in the club face the famous (X) that callaway has on their drivers is almost erased/blurry on this one. On the other hand I see that the text “draw” seems to be a little miss aligned compared to some original pictures that I have seen. Last but not least, I also feel the the chromed color seems to be way to bright versus other originals. I don’t know if I should buy it or pass. I am attaching some pictures of the driver so that you guys can see. Thanks in advance 

E2931F83-96E0-46F2-9986-0BBFF1A35E19.jpeg

E29BD511-52F7-4F3D-AA21-292E50C45021.jpeg

BCDFFA58-F439-4C1D-B367-088ECA2EEE5D.jpeg

69C49EB8-FEE5-432D-9C8C-AB12C6FC7213.jpeg

8F3F961B-DEC5-45FD-B73B-5CBFA9F88190.jpeg

331A7863-96E8-4FB6-AB97-3B204C6A8367.jpeg

• Administrator

Tough to see the face or the "DRAW" that you said.

If you're doubtful and it seems too good to be true… I'd pass if I were you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
  • Popular Now

• I believe that 76 bpms is the tour average (or somewhere around that). I think that's from taking it back to impact. I'm not 100% sure of exactly how it works since a typical pendulum is already moving when it starts going back. The putter on the throughswing ideally would work pretty much exactly like a pendulum though. To get the exact same time period from starting the putter back to impact, you'll have to accelerate it a lot faster on a longer putt right at the beginning until it gets to the speed it needs to be to make the putter move the right distance. Probably all way too much to think about while actually hitting a putt, but bottom line is I agree entirely that a metronome is a good thing to use if you're working on your putting tempo. As to the split between backstroke and downstroke, the tour tempo lot said 2:1 is the ideal. 3:1 for full swing. 2:1 for short game and putting. Whenever I go on a SAM I am about 1.7:1 I think and I can't for the life of me get my backstroke to be slow enough to get it to 2:1. Ho hum. Last comment - if you do have a perfect pendulum putting stroke and you have the ball slightly forward of the center of your stance, then the putter should be just starting to rise again at impact and with the way that pendulum motion works, it should be very slightly decelerating at impact, which I believe someone may have suggested once 😛 
    • Was going to chime in on Erik’s videos - they were and are solid teaching on better putting.  
    • I'm a big fan of the metronome. I forget what my actual numbers were, but something like 0.59 seconds: my backswings, regardless of the length of the putt, is 0.59 seconds (or 0.72 or whatever the actual number was). The period of a pendulum is determined by the length of the pendulum. So, to hit a putt harder, you take it back farther… in the same amount of time. So you have to swing it faster, and thus, it comes through faster. The putter head has to travel faster to travel farther in the same amount of time. Everyone tends to have a "beat" that they like. For some it's slower, and they have to make bigger backswings to make a putt go the same distance as someone like Brandt Snedeker. It also has a metronome IIRC. 😄 
    • Day 141 (20 Sep 24) -  Late getting to the weekly men’s scramble, plus the course was under a delay (rains yesterday saturated the course) so it was a solo round day. The course was 100% CPO (cart path only) so shot placement was key.  Opted to play the Diablo Edge Irons as “in my mind” the chunky, wide soles play better in wet turf coupled with Eye2 wedges (50.5 & 57.5).  Had best front nine ever - an even 36 (one bogie, one birdie and seven pars), back was typical at 6-over (could have been easily 3-over if not for the triple on 18 - can we say 1st drive into the lake, approach to the right of the green a s a long two putt) .  Long story short - as new personal best of 5 over for a 78.
    • Glad to hear it has improved.  I do not think I am a fan of a metronome. Varying the length of the stroke, and how fast you make your putting stroke will give you touch. If you try to make every stroke to the same beat as a metronome, then it is limiting.  I do think a good drill is setting out a visual or physical aid to train putting backstroke and forward stroke length. I think it is good from a technique standpoint and hitting the putt optimally (not accelerating).  First, make sure you do not mix up techniques. Chips and pitches are two separate things.  The link @iacas posted above has some good chipping and pitching videos.  If I had to guess, I would say weight is too far back, or it does not stay forward through impact. Ball might be too far back in the stance. Better pivot through impact. Usually if you stop turning, you will flip the club early. Pitching does have a release, but lack of proper pivot impacts low point control.     

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...