IGNORED

Post Your Moded Clubs/Paint Jobs!

dave39
Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

*Hopefully a sticky*

I don't know how many other people on this forum have moded their clubs or altered their paint styles but it is really cool to see. I will post pictures later of a set of Mizuno MP 29's that I have been repainting but I want to see some other work as well. Let the posting begin!
Edit: Here are the Irons.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

What kind of paint did you use? Where did you get it? And how has it been lasting, with playing and practicing? Thanks for any info, and the irons look great

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Well, I actually use nail polish... haha.. the girls at Walmart give you a strange look but I just tell them it's for my Saturday night fun.
Get the best quality nail polish you can.. about $4.50 or $5.00 per bottle. It is enamel nail polish and lasts fairly well from what others say. I have seen some really funky clubs lately. Personalization just makes hitting them that much more fun. Once your nail polish has dried than just use nail polish remover on a piece of paper towel or toilet paper. Rub away any nail polish on the club that is not in the letters, numbers, logos, etc...
Enjoy!
Post pics when your done!

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I will, but first, to figure out what color I want, probably blue

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

i thought this was a bit gimmicky - my mate tried it with red and it turned pink! he ended up putting white nail polish over it.

Don't know how it would work with the S-58's, the back of the club is a little different. Though the black W on the sole of my pitching wedge has disappeared. Might give it a little orange :)

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

The only thing I have ever painted was the pop-up mark on my last driver from when I let some idiot "try it out". I ended up finding some paint that could be mixed togather... had to mix some blue and black to get the shade right... I'm very anal. Needless to say I don't let most people "try out" my clubs anymore.

I wouldn't mind sending my driver to this site... but it is expensive. Have them paint some sort of custom thing on the head.

http://www.golfincolors.com/
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

i thought this was a bit gimmicky - my mate tried it with red and it turned pink! he ended up putting white nail polish over it.

haha, he probably tried with cheap nail polish. It is super easy to do and looks great if you are willing to try it out.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Titleist ProV1 Ball

• 2 weeks later...
I custom paint half of my clubs. I just use that cheap Testors paint for filling in stampings. I would upgrade, but getting about 100 new paint bottles before they run out is just plain wasteful when I can get by with what I have. I use the fastest drying spray paint I can get easily. I use painter's tape and good spray-on primer, too.

Planning a good looking paint job that is doable is very difficult for me. The equipment companies are usually very good at this when compared with me. They should be, having factories with an industrialized manufacturing process and hundreds or thousands of employees. I just have unrefined decorative tastes. My paint jobs look sharp, but like something out of the movie TRON.

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!