IGNORED

Prescription Sunglasses

yankee777
Note: This thread is 1969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Would you mind describing what you mean by delamination? What delaminated? Were they no longer as dark, or did they just lose the anti-fog coating?

Delamination describes the process of the antiglare/polarizing coating coming off the polycarbonite lens.  There are a number of causes from heat to using the wrong lens cleaner to aging.  There are many forums addressing this

I've owned 20+ pair of non-perscription Oakleys over the years, and never really had any complaints....other than I kept losing them. I did have one pair with the "fire iridium" polorized lenses that delaminated....the coating basically chipped and flaked off.  A few years ago, I switched to Maui Jim, and have been completely satisfied with their products and customer service.  I've broken a couple of the bridges, and when sent back, they've fixed them for little cost (or free), and gotten back to me very quickly.

Driver:  :titleist: TS2 10.5* 
3-Wood: :titleist: TS2 16.5*
Irons: :titleist: T300
Wedges: :vokey: SM7 58*
Putter:  :scotty_cameron: Phantom X 6 STR

Agree.  Maui's are the best and their customer service is superb.  I've owned Oakley's, Costas, and Smiths.  I've spoken to numerous owners of local stores (NOT chains)  because I wanted to do my homework before dropping over $200 on a pair of sunglasses.  They all consistently, to a person, recommended Maui;s first, then Smiths.  They all told me Costas used to be good, but they've begun to cut some corners to keep down costs.  They did side-by-side comparisons and showed me the differences in materials and craftsmanship and I always came away impressed with the Mauis.  I'm not sorry at all that I bought them.  I've tried several tints in the Mauis and own two pairs:  One in the bronze, which are my "everyday" pair, then a pair of "HT" (high transmission....allow more light through while still providing UV protection) in a greenish tint for cloudy and low light conditions.  Both tints work well for golf, with the HT's working particularly well in cloudy/partly cloudy conditions.  FYI, I bought my wife a pair of Maui's to replace HER delaminated Oakley's and her first response was "WOW, what a difference.  These are great !!"

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!