IGNORED

The Ultimate Golf Trivia Game

iSank
Note: This thread is 1902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of my very kind co-workers gives me this the other day. I’m not really a board game player. Made in China from 1997 and it was still in its original wrapping. Wife and I played 1 round, some questions are really out there, never knew the first hole in one was by Old Tom Morris in 1888. There are other questions about early 20th century amateurs and it all depends on what you land on. 

Am I alone, anyone else have this game?

58F22C73-5DFE-41C7-9B39-930E4AF8A3BD.thumb.jpeg.c296f18c8cefe11dd07f88b8dd283fb1.jpeg

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Nope. I think I heard of it once, many years ago, but I've never seen it in person.

32 minutes ago, iSank said:

Wife and I played 1 round, some questions are really out there, never knew the first hole in one was by Old Tom Morris in 1888.

It wasn't:

It took a few days before our inquiry made it to the proper person, but we're happy to report we nailed down the date. The Young Tom Morris ace happened on the 166-yard, par-3, eighth hole -- the "Station Hole" -- on Prestwick's original 12-hole course in the first round of the Open Championship, played on Sept. 16, 1869.

Prestwick-T1.jpg

Young Tom Morris, a four-time Open Champion, recorded the first known hole-in-one in golf history in the 1800s. There had been conflicting reports about the actual year it occurred, but now we have the actual date nailed...

9556238.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 for 12 holes, with an ace.  Not bad!

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

She beat me by 1 stroke, and yes I mistyped, the question was “What did young Tom Morris do at the 1868 British Open that no one else had done up to that time at a tournament?” Nice piece of history there @iacas Thanks for checking that!

one we got correct (except the year) was What was the third tournament to be canceled because of rain since the 1991 Houston Open? Since we were watching it at the time.

Aloha,

iSank

Edited by iSank
Switched old to young

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• boogielicious changed the title to The Ultimate Golf Trivia Game
Note: This thread is 1902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!