Klat5259

Best Instrucors in Tulsa, Oklahoma

4 posts / 503 viewsLast Reply

I have exhausted the my efforts to try and fix my swing based off YouTube instruction. I also was a member of rotary swing for about a year. I have been hovering around a 10-12 handicap for the last year. I play a good round then go home, try to fix my issues and change my swing.  Now I can hardly even hit the ball. I’m shanking everything. Even simple 30 yard wedge shots. 

I feel it’s time to get a coach and obtain some help from a second pair of eyes. I live in Tulsa, Ok. 

Does anybody on here have any recommendations for a good coach here? 

Thanks,

kevin

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Brett Freeman or Tracy Phillips.

Brett is more of a Manuel de la Torre method.

Tracy spent a lot of time at the Haney Golf Ranch back in the day.

Which ever suits you best.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, Klat5259 said:

I have exhausted the my efforts to try and fix my swing based off YouTube instruction. I also was a member of rotary swing for about a year. I have been hovering around a 10-12 handicap for the last year. I play a good round then go home, try to fix my issues and change my swing.  Now I can hardly even hit the ball. I’m shanking everything. Even simple 30 yard wedge shots. 

I feel it’s time to get a coach and obtain some help from a second pair of eyes. I live in Tulsa, Ok. 

Does anybody on here have any recommendations for a good coach here? 

Thanks,

kevin

Hello! Have you posted a video here on the ‘My Swing’ thread? There are some really solid instructors on this site and they will get you in the right direction. I’m a fellow lifer with the shanks so I completely understand your frustration. If you just upload your video to YouTube then copy/paste the url here you’ll get great feedback. Cheers!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, brianmcg said:

Brett Freeman or Tracy Phillips.

Brett is more of a Manuel de la Torre method.

Tracy spent a lot of time at the Haney Golf Ranch back in the day.

Which ever suits you best.

Thanks Buddy, I actually went and saw Tracy on Tuesday. Was shanking it and after one tweak, I was hitting it straight again. I’m going to keep seeing him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Who knows? Clemson is the total mystery really. Yes they have the history of showing up when it mattered. But as usual they’ve not shown us anything solidifying their stake other than blowing out teams they should....and then squeaking by an unranked NC. OSU of course has its pretty impressive resume as well as beating a ranked conference opponent twice...which is a difficult feat that OU did as well ( Baylor).  OU obviously has a porous defense. But who’s tested Clemson’s defense? What defense has tested Clemson? However, as I’ve said before, purely my opinion, Clemson has bite with a solid running game and TL for a damn good passing game. And I think their overall talent and style of play will put them over OSU.  And I’ll say this; whomever gets through will be dominated by LSU.
    • I get it!  and this isn't even my first time asking a stupid question in TST. I write things and hit the "post" button a little too quickly. Another reminder I need to stop doing this isn't a bad thing. So after reading rule 12, I understand there is no penalty. If there's anything elsewhere, or if I ever need complete certainty, I will assuredly give it a thorough read myself.  Related and genesis of my question: I just played in a big church tourney. It was at a private country club, and they made it part of the "tournament rules" to rake bunkers, fill seed mixture into divots, and fix all ball marks. I didn't ask the organizers if these "rules" were officially deemed as the tournament's "Code of Conduct" (which I just read/learned about now) but if so, I now understand that the "committee" could penalize or DQ people. At the time, i didn't know if this was standard or unusual practice, or something the church organizer did for whatever reason. Either way I felt like it wasn't it in the official rulebook, and was seeking confirmation cuz I was too lazy to find it myself. I'll def read the latest rulebook before I post the likes again!
    • Clemson number one?  😱 They’re better than Oklahoma, but that’s all...
    • They should have thought of that when they decided to schedule Wofford, Citadel, and Charlotte for some of their nonconference games. Also I have a really hard time believing that a team that only put up 21 points and squeaked out a victory against UNC should be #1 over both LSU and OSU. Why do you think Clemson should be #1?
    • Who would you rather play...Clemson or Oklahoma...Clemson should be No. 1 but schedule prevents that. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. B_easy20
      B_easy20
      (27 years old)
    2. GolfClubbas
      GolfClubbas
      (20 years old)
    3. Jimmy1
      Jimmy1
      (24 years old)
    4. KTMrider
      KTMrider
      (52 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...