IGNORED

regrooving and refinishing clubs

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know this has been discussed here. But here is my situation. I have wedges that are nice, I like them, they are just getting worn and don't perform (spin) the way they once did. I have a groove tool but haven't used it much since I don't have a vice at my house. I was considering sending all my wedges off to get refinished and regrooved this winter instead of buying replacements. Has anyone done this and did they come back as good as new. Where did you go? I searched online and found them and I love the black chrome but I don't know anyone who used them. Any advice would be great. Here is the link:

http://restorationgolf.com/refinished-wedges.aspx

Brian

I emailed them a few days ago asking about a quote for my ap1 and he said they cannot do them currently but in the soon future. I do like their work though from their site.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I'm just looking to get my 64 regrooved more than anything. It would be around 50 dollars so I might just be better off selling it and replacing.

Brian

Yeah I would, unless you want to customize your club.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I'm just looking to get my 64 regrooved more than anything. It would be around 50 dollars so I might just be better off selling it and replacing.

Is that $50 including shipping? If so, it may not be a bad option. Replacing a club for me would mean a minimum of $10-12 to replace the grip on top of the club price, which is something to consider if yours grips are consistent throughout your set.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Yeah that is everything. That is refinished (black chrome is rediculous) and regrooved, shipped, taking the shaft on and off. I know used wedges don't go for that much on ebay even in good condition so by the time I sell the 64 for lets say 50 bucks, by another, pay for that to be shipped it is going to be net cost of around 60 or 70. If the refinished regrooved ones perform as well as new I'd just like to keep what I have and do that and get the custom wedge. Anything I buy (I"d probably replace it with a 64 or 62 degree vokey) wouldn't be any better or worse than what I have accept it will perform like it is new.

Brian

My 52 and 56 are in good shape, but the 60 is pretty worn from sand use. My shafts are matched with my irons, so I'd rather not replace the club. Maybe I'll see how mine turns out and let you know.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Yeah I'd love to know how it turns out and how it wears with use. The finish looks amazing but you know sometimes things look good then don't in a short period of time (Like a cheap paint job on a car)

Brian

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!