IGNORED

Making friends at the golf course

binga7
Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are some of your experiences meeting new people at the golf course?

I ask because although i live in a small town and everyone essentially knows everybody, i seem to be one of very few people my age (25).

What i mean is, im friendly with most of the people at our club, but find that age difference puts me off a little. Most of the members are 40+ i would say, and whilst im a friendly person, I find it hard to talk about common stuff with these people.

Also if i were to move town to another area, whats the best way to go about meeting new members and making friends at a new course?

I have a group stored in my phone with different guys I enjoyed playing golf with. Usually its Matt-Golf, Dan-Golf and so on. Now that I joined a country club I dont call them as often, but I used to send out a text every Wednesday to see who wanted to play that weekend. I could put together a 3 or 4some easily and get a little game going once some guys played together more than once. It was really cool because we played a different course every weekend. You eventually find out who the die hard golfers are, like myself. (97 rounds so far this year).

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to a course and practice all the time by myself. One of the resident old timers came up to me and asked if I wanted to play in their group. Their group ranges from 4 to 16 depending on the weather. So I started playing with them weekly and meeting the others in his group.

As I met the others, they would mention to me that they had other groups that they played in as well and they would invite me out. So i would play with them and then meet more new people and so on and so forth.

As far as moving and meeting new people to play with, going to the local public course is an easy way. Here in Chicago, they often times put singles or 2 somes in groups of 4, especially when the course is crowded so you meet new people by default. Also, if Im in a 2some and playing faster than the 2some in front of me, they will usually allow ius to play through. If they seem fairly cordial, I will ask them if they just want to play with us as a 4some. it's worked out pretty good.

And the driving range is always a great place to meet players.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

I usually run into older guys in the golf courses, too. It's common because most young guys will show up with their buddies.

From years of playing, I met with all kinds of guys (and ladies). Some were super-cool and made me feel so comfortable with during those rounds. Some said hello and barely said another word until the rounds were finished. You'll learn how to deal with them eventually, by their friendliness, manners, and so on..

Meeting strangers and playing with them can be nice and give you a chance to learn something new, but playing with your own group(s) is the way to go.

Are you looking for friends or golf buddies (or both). I have found that the golf buddies I have we just kind of found each other. I am a memeber of at a club and I will play with anyone and I am happy just to show up and grab a game. You do that 100 times and you start to find guys that you enjoy playing with more then others (and they enjoy you) and you end up playing with them regularly. As for making friends at the course, I can't say I really socialize with anyone I met golfing. No that I wouldn't, but I spend 4 hours golf with them and then an hour having a drink after I have felt the need to hang out outside golf. Of course I am in my late 30's with kids, so I eat up my non fmaily social time with golf a few times per week.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!