• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cleveland 588 Satin 52-8 wedge

1 post in this topic

Up for sale is a 2012 Cleveland Forged 588 52-8 wedge with a KBS BLACK NICKEL shaft. The club plays 35.75 inches with standard loft and lie. The grip is a new Golf Pride BCT Full Cord. Excellent condition. Shipped USPS parcel post. Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Curious.....So...Why is a slice so easy to hit?
      By cooke119 · Posted
      Because casting the club and coming out to in is so easy to do. Results on clockwise spin and a slice.
    • Back pain/Back stiffness during a round?
      By cooke119 · Posted
      Having had three back surgeries I know something about back pain when playing golf. I take Advil too about one hour before a round. I also do not try to swing out of my shoes! A smooth swing, in tempo, goes a long way to relieving stress on the lower back. And as the old saying goes, I let the club do the work, not me. No I do not hit the ball that far anymore, drives about 220, 3W about 200 and so on down the line, but I am straight and at (not on usually) the green in two on a par 4, 3 on a par 5. Now if I could just get my chipping down!!!
    • 5 Gallon Bucket of Water on the 1st and 10th Hole
      By Fourputt · Posted
      I do it all the time.  Who cares if it's totally sanitary, I'm not drinking it.  In 40 years I've never had an illness that would be the result of using a water hazard for a towel wetting.  I've used lakes, streams, irrigation ditches - I draw the line at using a muddy puddle. 
    • Do you carry the Rules of Golf with you when you play?
      By Fourputt · Posted
        Trust me, we have a reason for following the rules and for keeping them at hand when we play.   We desire to play the game properly, and to encourage (not force) others to do so too.  There is nothing progressive about inventing your own rules.  Nothing prevents it, but then it isn't the same game.  Here's an idea - while you're inventing rules, why not invent a name for it as well so new players aren't confused about what game they are playing.   Following the rules that "someone else" wrote is what is done in every other sport or game.  There are lots of modified versions of most games - some authorized and some just silly fantasy - but the sort of "progressiveness" you espouse is not officially recognized in any game.  It's more like what we did as kids, taking the money from the game of Life and using in Monopoly it to create a sort of "Super Monopoly".  Our version was not recognized, or even known, outside of our group of friends.  We had a blast playing it, but we didn't petition Parker Brothers to endorse our modification.  We knew enough to know that what we enjoyed was really pretty silly, and not something that everyone would like.  We still knew and played by the correct rules too.  
    • How would you handle unmarked GUR in a match?
      By Fourputt · Posted
      I'm sort of wondering why nobody considered declaring the ball unplayable, and dropping under Rule 28.  At least then the bad lie can only be blamed for one additional stroke.  I've done that more than once in situations that might have been marked if the course bothered to do so.     Unmarked GUR is not GUR.  That's all one really needs to know to proceed in the most certain manner.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries