• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StBarnard

Difference in Nike VRS and VRS X?

4 posts in this topic

Looked at these the other day,  and also the Covert 2.0   What does the X mean in the VRS X?  Is it more of a GI club,  or does it have something to do with the shaft?  Or none of these?  Just got me wondering,  and I can't find anything about it.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No?  I just thought maybe the X club was more of a "game improvement" club.  Not sure.

The VRS X is a legacy iron. It is based off the VRS iron, and comes only with a Uniflex shaft (between R and S in flex). Dick's sells it for $299. The research & development costs have largely been recovered from the original VRS, so Nike can sell it for a lower price.

TM's legacy iron is the Burner 2.0, reissued and sold also for $299. It comes with the Burner 85-gram shaft, with an R or S flex.

The clubmakers offer the legacy irons as an entry-level set for new golfers, or proven technology for established golfers on a budget.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many Big Box Stores like Dicks Sporting Goods sell discount versions of big name clubs by substituting with inexpensive/discount shafts, etc, etc, etc......  I wouldn't be surprised if the clubhead is modified too.

There is nothing wrong with this because you get what you pay for.  Whether your budget is $300 or $900 for a set of irons..........the point being,  there is club for every budget.  ....now go get some clubs and tee it up!! :-D