IGNORED

.580 Grips on .600 Shafts. Will they work?

Note: This thread is 1831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone. Question, I have some grips I like that are only available in .580 diameter but I am pretty sure the shafts of my irons are .600 from what I have read. Can I put these grips on these shafts with the size issue, and is there anything I should be aware of when I do? Thanks for any help.

Yes they will work just fine.  The grip diameter will be slightly larger due to the .580 cores having to stretch a bit to fit over the .600 butt ends; but the difference is, again, minimal.  One tip: if you are using tape and solvent...don't spare the solvent.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!