IGNORED

Affordably upgrading my pathetic clubs to non-pathetic clubs

Are_Ohbi
Note: This thread is 5934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys. Im looking to upgrade my clubs from my pathetic "Mega Force" clubs to something new. I used to play golf quite a bit when I was younger, but it was just something to do then. Now, the bug has bit me and Im ready to start playin' the game the right way. Im lookin' for a more workable club. So, Im lookin' for opinions. I dont have the money to buy $300+ club sets so I narrowed down my selection to these three. Please give me your opinions. Im most likely going to order these from rockbottongolf.com.

1. Tour Edge Golf- HP5 Combo Hybrid 3-PW Irons Graphite - $130

2. Wilson Golf- Deep Red Hybrid Irons 3-PW Graph/Steel - $130

3. Adams Golf- GT 500 Irons 4-LW Irons Steel - $150

I know, by name, Adams is going to be the more popular and probably simply the better set. But I really like having the hybrids. I'd rather have them actually, I dont have the back swing to hit long clubs efficiently. While doing a search on this site I did read good things about the Tour Edge. I think that's the way Im leaning so far. But, what do you guys think?

Thanks!

Don't know you age or swing type, but i would consider the tour edge. the hybrids are nice if you dont hit long irons well and the irons on the tour edge have a wider sole and more weight around the perimiter. The wider bottom will prevent you from digging into the ground too much if you tend to hit behind the ball a little, and the more weight around the perimiter will be more forgiving on off center hits than the others. Hope that helps you out a little.

Don't know you age or swing type, but i would consider the tour edge. the hybrids are nice if you dont hit long irons well and the irons on the tour edge have a wider sole and more weight around the perimiter. The wider bottom will prevent you from digging into the ground too much if you tend to hit behind the ball a little, and the more weight around the perimiter will be more forgiving on off center hits than the others. Hope that helps you out a little.

Actually, I turned 30 today. Gettin' ready to go golfin' here in about 10 minutes. I first did a search for these manufactures and I found a post similar to this this one. The poster heard good things about Tour Edge, but as never heard of that brand before. Im in the same boat. Ive just never heard of them before either.

Is $300 your limit?

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Hey guys. Im looking to upgrade my clubs from my pathetic "Mega Force" clubs to something new. I used to play golf quite a bit when I was younger, but it was just something to do then. Now, the bug has bit me and Im ready to start playin' the game the right way. Im lookin' for a more workable club. So, Im lookin' for opinions. I dont have the money to buy $300+ club sets so I narrowed down my selection to these three. Please give me your opinions. Im most likely going to order these from rockbottongolf.com.

Without making metallurgical tests, I'm gonna rate all 3 equal on quality.

Jerry Barber (as near as I can recall, that's the guy) said the most important thing about clubs is do you like what you are looking at when it's behind the ball. If that's anywhere near the truth, Tour Edge.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I have the newer Tour Edge Iron-Woods, the bazooka jmax QLs, and I LOVE them.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ADAMS-GOLF-T...QQcmdZViewItem probaly the best you can buy for 300

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

Suggest you check out the super-discounters on the internet. I just picked-up a brand new set of Cleveland CG2's for under $300. Stay a year or two behind the latest / greatest and you'll find clubs cheaply.

I would do some more reasearch on some better clubs that you might like more than those and then take that research to ebay where you can spend a lot less and get a lot more. I have bought all of my clubs on ebay and never had a problem. It's also a great way to try clubs out as without having to worry whether or not you will be able to resell them. If you don't like them, just relist them and try something else. Only badside to that is that it can then become a vicious addictive cycle but it sure is fun.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Take a look on ebay for Cobra 3400I's in Graphite for about $200 in really good condition. My dad bought a set and hits them great.

In My Bag: 10.5 Staff (cart) - (stand)

Driver - FT-i - (11 degree Speeder)

3 wood - Sasquatch - (Diamana)5 wood - Big Bertha - (Steel)4 hybrid - Rescue Mid clone - (Irod)Irons - DCI 822OS - (Graphite)Wedges - CG10 and CG11 Black PearlPutter - Heavy...

Note: This thread is 5934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!