IGNORED

Is Anyone Using the Garmin G80?

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just started using the new Garmin G80 and was wondering if anyone out there is using one, and their experiences with it.

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

• iacas changed the title to Is Anyone Using the Garmin G80?

How do you like it so far? Played any rounds with it yet? I have been in the market for a new smartwatch and am considering going with a golf specific one like Garmin, among others. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, chicub15 said:

How do you like it so far? Played any rounds with it yet? I have been in the market for a new smartwatch and am considering going with a golf specific one like Garmin, among others. 

Played my first round with it yesterday. I upgraded from the G8 so there is a learning curve.  My initial impression is that the display is much nicer and easier to read.  Distance pointer is easier to use.  Much easier to keep score.  I tested the launch monitor feature against one my pro uses at his indoor facility and the club head speed is right on.  Just downloaded the Garmin Golf App and paired with my smartphone, but haven't delved into it much.

• Like 1

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

I just bought myself  the Garmin G80 as I work away a lot on a ship and thought it would be better to have a target rather than just hit balls into a net, I played one round with the device before coming back to work and used it in Stableford mode, not impressed as I couldn't work out how to see my score card for each hole when I'd finished the round to see how many shot's I'd take on each hole, I'll be using it as a range finder and score card when I get home in four weeks time.

Since been back at work I've used the target practice and virtual course facilities, my only complaint would be that the sensor does not know if you've sliced or hooked the shot, I know that some of the shots I've taken have gone far off right but the display shows it's gone straight, I also have a little issue with accounting for putts it give you 1 putt if your within 5 meters 2 putts for 6 to 20 and 3 putts for 21 to 50 I am not so good at putting and think the ranges should be smaller, I haven't checked yet to see if I can change the settings to something more realistic, I haven't been able to use the competition mode as we can't get internet down in the hold where the driving range is located, overall I think it's a great bit of kit and small enough to carry around, more convenient than a sky track or trackman

Note: This thread is 1799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!