IGNORED

Do You Want to Know Your Missing Opponent's Match Play Scores or Not?

Zekez
Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How can they use scores from a previous match play comp? You are not gonna have a score for every hole. IE win 4 and 3. Or a hole is conceded. 

Stevie T

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
13 hours ago, Beastie said:

How can they use scores from a previous match play comp? You are not gonna have a score for every hole. IE win 4 and 3. Or a hole is conceded. 

We don't have a match play like that.  My league is points based so each match goes 9 holes and each player gets points for winning or tying a hole.  So a total of 9 points is gained between the two players.

For example,  if I win 4 holes, tie 2 holes, and lose 3 holes I would get 5 points and my opponent would get 4 points.

After the regular season the top 16 in points make the playoffs. 

21 hours ago, The Flush said:

Back many years ago when I played in company leagues, we had an approved substitute list that you had to use to get someone to play in your place if you couldn't make the scheduled day or arrange to play at another time before the next scheduled round.

Each year it's a struggle to get the same number of golfers in the league, let alone having a substitute list!

On 6/27/2019 at 12:56 PM, p1n9183 said:

Crapy way to manage an absence. For me is show or forefit... 

Maybe add some arbitrary strokes to random holes to the previous 9 holes played? 

It's a casual and fun league.  Just about every golfer misses  a few weeks for a reason (usually vacation) so this gives the League a way to have a match in one way or another.  Forfeits in a league like mine would be a ridiculous outcome.

Edited by Zekez

17 hours ago, Zekez said:

We don't have a match play like that.  My league is points based so each match goes 9 holes and each player gets points for winning or tying a hole.  So a total of 9 points is gained between the two players.

For example,  if I win 4 holes, tie 2 holes, and lose 3 holes I would get 5 points and my opponent would get 4 points.

After the regular season the top 16 in points make the playoffs. 

Each year it's a struggle to get the same number of golfers in the league, let alone having a substitute list!

It's a casual and fun league.  Just about every golfer misses  a few weeks for a reason (usually vacation) so this gives the League a way to have a match in one way or another.  Forfeits in a league like mine would be a ridiculous outcome.

Thanks for the explanation 

Stevie T

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!