IGNORED

Note To Tour Pros: How to Talk About a Match With Tiger

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously several people here care.

Yep - even the commentators were saying words to the effect of "

somebody needs to have a word with this guy".
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

tiger plays baddely today, i expect tiger to make short work of him

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Didnt have a chance to watch the match, but have seen JB's past routine. I personally appluad him for sticking with it. If it works and calms you down for the biggest stage in the world playing against the greatest golfer to play the game then do it.

If I had a routine for playing Tiger it would be.

1.) Poop Pants
2.) Faint
3.) Ask "Where Am I"
4.) Cry for my mommy
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

• 2 weeks later...
World number one Tiger Woods has called on the golfing authorities to take action to combat the issue of slow play on the PGA Tour.
"It's been an ongoing problem on the PGA Tour for some time," Woods said in his newsletter to fans, "I honestly believe the pace of play is faster in Europe and Japan."

Woods played against JB Holmes - renowned as one of the most methodical players on the circuit - at last week's WGC Matchplay in Arizona. Holmes has a pre-shot routine that includes four practice swings and several twitchy rehearsals of his hitting action before settling over his ball.

The rules of golf insist on play proceeding "without undue delay".

At big events in the United States, rounds can often take around five hours to complete and the issue is beginning to become a major concern for the game in general. Recent figures suggest golf in the US is in decline because people lack the time to play on a regular basis.

Woods, who is in a superb run of form, admitted he was not sure how to best resolve the problem.
"It has been suggested the offenders should be penalised with strokes (against them)," he added. "The problem is you may get one guy who slows down a group by playing at a snail's pace and gets them all put on the clock, which isn't fair. I know this is a complicated issue. Hopefully it can be addressed in the near future."
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Just remember when your in a 51/2 hour round and watching every group infront of you going thru the JBH pre-shot that is't ok to take extra time for each shot so you can card your 120 that you claim is really an 85.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Just remember when your in a 51/2 hour round and watching every group infront of you going thru the JBH pre-shot that is't ok to take extra time for each shot so you can card your 120 that you claim is really an 85.

So true. You must have played with the cheater from my league.

When I was in 9th grade I went to a basketball clinic and the coach said something that was very good and to an extent can fit into golf. He said "Hurry to shoot, but don't hurry your shot." Granted in golf we need to chose the right club and how we want to hit it where in basketball you are doing all that on the fly. Still, by the time you get to your ball you should have an idea of the distance and what type of shot you want to hit. Pick the club, pick your target and do whatever you have to get yourself ready to step over the ball and pull the trigger. There is no defender who is going to jump in your way and you are not likely to get fouled on the way to the green. I would be willing to bet there is a window of time where your potential is maximized for a good shot. Too short a time and you may get careless. Too long a time and you are more likely to over think and choke. I have found that simple is better for me. If it's a full shot from a normal lie, I will likely take one practice swing before I address the ball. If it's a partial swing or an unusual lie I may take a few to get myself acclimated. Still, I am not going to take more than 30 seconds from the time I pull my club to the time I take my shot.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!