IGNORED

Shaft Discussion - Hot Shafts? More?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently purchased a Tour Edge XLD (Xtra Long Distance) 10.5 deg. 460CC Mega MOI Exotic driver that is fairly forgiving and easy to hit contact wise. The shaft is a Graphite Design S-Flex (Standard-Flex) Weight: 52 Grams, Torque: 4.5, Launch: Mid. Golf Pride Grip came standard with the driver. Comparing that to my Acuity Turbo Max 3-Wood, the 3 wood is much easier to shape in transition from back to downswing based on the shaft being a low torque shaft and having a smaller head. On a slightly heavier 55 gram shaft with the Tour Edge XCG head that my boss has, the head felt weightless compared to the shaft, which is a strong flex or less flex shaft, and was fairly easy to hit as well, but the 53 gram standard worked best for me and led me to my decision.
In the Bag:
Driver:Exotics XLD 10.5° Standard-Flex
Woods: Acuity Turbo Max
Hybrids: Acuity Turbo Max
Irons: Acuity Turbo MaxWedges: Acuity Turbo MaxPutter: X3 Double Milled 1200Shoes: Walter Hagen Tour StopGlove: Walter Hagen CadetBall:Tiger Shark Attack Life 4 - Distance
WeeT's "home...

i've got a diamana blue board shaft in my driver and project x rifle shafts in my irons. i've never been happier with my equipment than i am now.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 75
3-wood: Titleist PT 906 F2 15 UST Proforce V2 85
Irons: Titleist 695 MB 3-PW Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist 56 Vokey, 60 Vokey Spin Milled
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid-Slant (2000)

The diamana white, blue, and redboard shafts have some buzz.

For irons the Rifle Project X shafts are on fire . They're so good, and they look so awesome. I know a lot of people who are having those put in their irons and loving them.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

...The shaft is a Graphite Design S-Flex (Standard-Flex)...

Actually that stands for Stiff Flex, not Standard

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

How about the House of Forged Patriot shafts? Cheap ($100), long and straight!

The LD version is winning a lot of events

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!