IGNORED

Driver Loft Question

Note: This thread is 1637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all, 

Quick question for you. I discovered this dollar driver club online and am interested in renting a Ping G410 Plus driver. I have demoed it before and really enjoyed it. My current driver is a Ping G25 10.5 set to the neutral position. My natural shot shape is a fade. My question is: should I order a 9 degree G410 Plus and turn it up to 10.5 so that it closes the face a bit and neutralizes my ball flight or should I order the 10.5 and play with it in the draw position? 

12 minutes ago, Waddaplaya said:

Hey all, 

Quick question for you. I discovered this dollar driver club online and am interested in renting a Ping G410 Plus driver. I have demoed it before and really enjoyed it. My current driver is a Ping G25 10.5 set to the neutral position. My natural shot shape is a fade. My question is: should I order a 9 degree G410 Plus and turn it up to 10.5 so that it closes the face a bit and neutralizes my ball flight or should I order the 10.5 and play with it in the draw position? 

I would say you should try both... I know a cop-out.

BTW - please post a link to the dollar driver club. I'd be interested in checking it out. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Driver Loft Question

I don't hit the G25 particularly well. I don't necessarily want to dramatically change my ball flight. I like the left to right movement, however I do agree with you on neutralizing it a bit so it doesn't move as much. I was just curious about the 10.5 vs the 9.0 degree. I think a loft of 10.5 which may actually suit my swing speed, but if I decided to close the face a bit I would have to loft it up, which in turn would no longer suit my swing because the loft would be too high.

I was thinking it could be smarter to get the 9 degree and loft it up to 10.5 because I would also be closing the face down a bit. So, a more closed face + 10.5 loft would help my left to right movement a bit and also be the correct loft. Maybe? 

• 2 weeks later...

Get the 10.5 ( if it isn’t too late).  The G25 is notorious for a high ball flight.  I had one, it’s true.

The G40 doesn’t launch as high so stick with the same 10.5 degree and use the moveable weight set to the heel to promote a draw.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!