• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 26:  chipping practice in the backyard this morning
    • Having built several putting greens, I'd make something pretty simple: I'd make the left slope 4% and the right slope 2%. Or make it a bit of a ramp from 4% for the 3', 3% for 3', 2% for 3', and 1% on the last 3'. I envision the slope as being high on the left, low on the right. 15' x 12' isn't huge, so I put four holes - you have about a 10' putt straight up the slope and a 10' putt straight down the slope. You have a 15' putt that breaks left to right and one that breaks right to left. Do not underestimate the value of using ghost holes for awhile. If I were you, I'd not cut holes at first if you can — I'd putt to ghost holes and move them around and see what configuration you like. See what holes "get in the way" of longer putts, or your stance (feet) for putting to one of your straight putts… or something like that. Then when you know where you like them (you can also use chalk circles or actual ghost holes), cut them and install them. Plus, you may find that you like the ghost holes, and maybe you only cut two permanent holes or something, because you like to move them around.
    • Day 65 (6 Jul 24) -  Attended a local festival today and my grandson, naturally, found a temporary 9 hole putt-putt course (at least they had "real" metal head putters).  We had a blast playing this little setup.  He outputted me I had 4 holes in on, and he had 6....gotta love you talent... .
    • Aloha All, Still getting over building my house but finally have started getting out traveling with the golf clubs. We found ourselves in central NY with a few days to spare so we headed off to Crystal Springs. On the way we stopped at the Great Bear Golf Club, Stroudsburg, PA. Enjoyed the course, being a Nicholas design there were some challenging holes and a course I really enjoyed even with 88 degrees and no wind. Then over to Jersey at Crystal Springs. I love the Lodge there, beautiful wooden beams and interior. The courses that week were overrun with tournaments. Day 2, First up, Wild Turkey which I think I would have liked it more if it didn’t take 5 hours. Fortunately we were paired with pleasant NY couple. Ballyowen on day 3 had us playing our best golf and it was a nice challenge and in good shape. It attempts to be a links style course. Crystal Springs course was day 4 and I enjoyed the course, not on my best game. I have not seen much discussion here on CS, but I think this course is a bit quirky;  at least there are a good variety of hole types as it opens up on the back 9. Then we were back up Rt 81 to Beautiful CNY. A few final thoughts on Crystal Springs, beyond its nice Lodge, we lost power for an hour one night, and a fire alarm evacuated everyone at 2AM. The front desk said nothing regarding either events. Then we dropped off our bag for Ship Sticks and they, SS, called me day later, asking where are my clubs? Yikes! I told them the front desk said they would bring them down to the loading dock, they said Ok and a few hours later I got email confirmation they had been picked up. I would not return or recommend this resort. We had fun but next time in NJ, the courses down by Atlantic City look a lot more interesting. We'll see you out on the course. Will
    • Wordle 1,113 4/6* ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...