IGNORED

Golf School Recommendations (Florida)

xrayvizhen
Note: This thread is 1643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't think to post this in the Destinations and Travel section since I'm not looking for a golfing vacation. (But if that's where it should be then please move it.)

What I am looking for are recommendations from folks who have gone to one of the two or three day golf schools that take place in Florida since I'm thinking of doing this at some point this winter. I looked at the Jim McLean website because I downloaded his "Eight Step" video and think it's pretty good but his 3-day school is rather pricey, considering you don't actually get Jim McLean, you get instead one of his "Master" instructors. So I'm wondering if there some that might be better than others, quality/depth of the instruction received, "class" size, etc.

If anyone has gone to one of schools in Florida and had a positive experience, I'd appreciate some recommendations.

Edited by xrayvizhen

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

1 hour ago, xrayvizhen said:

I didn't think to post this in the Destinations and Travel section since I'm not looking for a golfing vacation. (But if that's where it should be then please move it.)

What I am looking for are recommendations from folks who have gone to one of the two or three day golf schools that take place in Florida since I'm thinking of doing this at some point this winter. I looked at the Jim McLean website because I downloaded his "Eight Step" video and think it's pretty good but his 3-day school is rather pricey, considering you don't actually get Jim McLean, you get instead one of his "Master" instructors. So I'm wondering if there some that might be better than others, quality/depth of the instruction received, "class" size, etc.

If anyone has gone to one of schools in Florida and had a positive experience, I'd appreciate some recommendations.

I haven’t done the three day but I do think you can make a pretty solid pick with some research. I think you want to consider what the general philosophy of the program is. 5SK for example is current, researched, and without question a solid set of principles to abide by. Class size is very important as well. I’ve done several one day classes and after being a bit miffed from lack of one on one I decided to shell out for one on one lessons after that.

Obviously price is important I assume. Martin Chuck, Clay Ballard, Jim Mclean all have schools here and all are quite pricey. It’s quite an investment and I think emailing the school with some questions is well warranted. Hopefully there’s someone here who can give you first hand advice but I thought I’d mention that. This is a good read:

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!