IGNORED

Yardage guides?

Divot
Note: This thread is 5899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellas...quick questions...

I have been putting together a yardage guide for my home course...a small public 9 hole executive course.

Anyhow, I have put some time into this and was wondering if you think there would be any problems selling them at the course? Would you buy a home-made one?

What would you look for in a guide?

Would "photos" of the course work better than illustrations?

Here is what one of the holes looks like:

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

Need some opinions here...do you like it? If not, what is it missing?

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but I would be cautious about selling a product that uses pictures or photos that may have copright issues.

The course may have an issue with you selling the guide unless you get permission and give them a cut.

Probably need a real lawyer here!

Your concept isn't bad. I think someone posted in another thread how he used google earth to make yardage guides for his own "personal" use. Emphasize personal.

The idea is nice, but like it is already said, you might get problems selling pictures that are under copyright protection.

I know that there are cases where websites had to pay a fee because they were sued for using images of a map like if you post a screenshot from google maps.

So be careful!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

Well noted...thanks for your opinions on selling them...I thought about constructing illustrations based on the sat photos...but that is very time consuming and proved pointless given I had the real thing. Although illustrations would probably circumvent copyright issues.

As far as the guide itself...you think there is anything missing? Or anything you would include?

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid

Hey fellas...quick questions...

Ok, you have a nice start. Before you attempt to commercialize anything you should talk to the owner of the course. This is not something that you are going to get rich doing, but you could make a buck or two and maybe get a membership for providing this service. I had a friend that did this back in 1987.

Here are my suggestions: Vertical pages with the tees south and the greens in the north. Drawings or generic type images To and carried distances for major hazards/bunkers that are in play Slope of greens indicated by arrows Depth of green from the middle and then minus or plus yardages to edges of bunkers (like the top of your bunker is about -10). Sprinkler head yardage or base of tree yardages That is all I can think of at the moment. Like I said, you are off to a good start.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I think this is one of those things you keep to your self, and use it as a confidence factor that you have something someone else doesn't. Plus I am not to use a 9 hole course would buy something like this, who would they sell it to?
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Yes... that was the first thing that grabbed me. You need yardages off the tees, as well as to the green. Maybe something like a 250 yard spot in the center of the fairway for each tee box.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Have you not thought of speaking to the Director of golf/General manager at your golf club?, there is a chance they are interested in a yardage guide and might be willing to help you develop it.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!