IGNORED

My Swing (mitchellpjh)

mitchellpjh
Note: This thread is 1348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 12 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 85-95
My typical ball flight is: high right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice 

So I'm 18, I've been playing golf since I was a little kid but only have started taking it seriously for the last year or so. I started with a severe over the top which caused a slice (probably due to my background in cricket) which I managed to "fix" although ended up then coming too far from the inside and hitting pushes and hooks. Suddenly I went back to hitting a slighter slice and my irons were consistently topped or "over drew" (more like a weak slice). I practice at the range almost every day and play every other day. I've been increasingly frustrated by the temperamental nature of my swing and have been close to giving up on the game. I just went to see an instructor for the first time (who I wasn't a big fan of) and he helped me a bit with my takeaway (as it was getting the head of the club behind me too much), and strengthened my grip a bit although for the money i spent, that's as far as we got. 

I'm really hoping that I can save some money and get some educated advice on where I'm going wrong and possibly be directed to some resources (youtube or other) that may help. I suspect already that my stance is slightly narrow and I don't close the face properly. If more videos are needed especially of my irons, I can add some, although i thought i would start with the biggest issue which is my driver. 

I apologise for the poor quality videos, hopefully they show enough.

Videos: 

I'm no instructor so I won't try to give advice as I'm still working on my flaws, but as far as instructional content you will find everything you need here. Start with the 5sk videos you will find in the instructional content section and then there is a host of other great material in that section that contain everything you need to improve your game. Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!