IGNORED

Identify my MacGregors

Note: This thread is 1288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

HI. I just bought a set of Magregor woods on eBay.

As far as I can tell, they've never seen grass. They were purchased from a golf course that was going out of business.

They came shipped in their original box, with the grips still wrapped.

I'm thinking they are from the late '80's or early 90's, but I'm just guessing.

They are 300 series (see attached photo from the shipping box.

Any info on these clubs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Box label.jpg

driver sole.jpg

fairway woods.jpg

In the bag: TaylorMade R5 Duel driver (44", Senior-flex), Namura 19* 3 Hybrid, Stiff, Cougar X-CAT 26* 5 hybrid, Wilson K-28 irons 6-PW, Wilson Harmonized Gap (52) and Sand (55) Wedges, Blade Runner II putter.

Found out they're from around '79/'80. Stiff flex Response shafts.

In the bag: TaylorMade R5 Duel driver (44", Senior-flex), Namura 19* 3 Hybrid, Stiff, Cougar X-CAT 26* 5 hybrid, Wilson K-28 irons 6-PW, Wilson Harmonized Gap (52) and Sand (55) Wedges, Blade Runner II putter.

• Administrator

Are you keeping them?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
16 hours ago, iacas said:

Are you keeping them?

That's the question of the hour :-) . I posted on another forum on Facebook for buying/selling clubs, and asked what I should do with them. The overwhelming answer was put them on display. The thought of playing them just broke people's hearts.

So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hate the idea of sticking them in an old bag in my office. 

If I were to sell them, I'd probably let them go for around $200 CAN, plus shipping (in Ontario, I think I could ship them Canada-wide for around $35.) That's what I paid for them, and I don't want to rook anyone.

Part of me really wants to play them.

The same seller has these Spalding Elite Plus woods for sale. They're laminated, but they're really beautiful clubs. I think I would have preferred these, to be honest.

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Top Flite spalding Elite Plus Golf Club Wood Set driver 1 3 5 NEW w/box at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by BigBaffy

• Administrator

I might buy them if you're ever in the market to sell them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!