IGNORED

EyePerformBetter.com Swing Trainer

Note: This thread is 1251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, I'm Randy Zeitman.
I've been a frustrated golfer (slice, particularly bad driver) for 25+ years.
I've taken lessons from time to time but they all seem to be good at telling you what your swing should look and not the details of what you should change to get there ... at which time you find out a ten-lesson package is only $1350 because the tenth ($150) lesson is free ... how kind.
So I decided to just plain figure it out ... very analytically, very persistently, over the course of a dozens of buckets and incorrect conclusions ... until finally I could not only instantly fix my swing but show others how to fix theirs, even without a club, in about five minutes. (Which I have done dozens of times, without a single fail, free. I don't give lessons. I have my own business but it's not golf related.)
The simple solution is:
1) Your hands and left knee (for right handers) must go back together. If you slice then the knee is not moving back far enough. It needs to go back an inch or two more. When it does your lower torso will turn more - your knees flexing more, and you will have enough lower torso rotation to prevent the 'inside-out-blocking' that results in a slice.
2) Rotate (release) the lower torso *before* the hands start down from the top. This means the left knee will now be a little past, to the left, it's original position. See trevino swing below. If the hands and lower torso release together it will be more likely to slice.  

So that said I decided to make an interactive website to help others learn how to make this move.

There's no cost. There's no registration.  (iOS only, sorry)

I just want to save people the frustration and cost of fixing a slice.

The website is http://eyeperformbetter.com/ (eye perform better dot com) but it's best used on a phone (iOS only).

It works by displaying a circle which represents the ball.
You look at the screen while you practice your swing.

When the timer gets to zero, representing the moment of club to the ball, the circle-timer flashes a letter, "A" or whatever.

The idea is that if you can see the letter flash, as you practice swing, while looking at the ball-circle on the screen, when your body/hands are at the point of contact, then you must be seeing the clubhead hit the ball.

Seeing the ball clearly at contact means your swing is correct and you're turning your lower torso before moving your hands, because that's the only way you're going to see the clubhead make contact with the ball.

There are controls to adjust the timer speed so your swing matches to countdown of the timer.

The phone is not detecting your motion. The screen is just showing a simple timer which you match up to your swing so that the phone flashes a character at the same moment you would be making contact with the ball.

In fact you don’t need to have a club in your hand (or a tennis racket or baseball bat because the exact same torso turn skill is needed for those sports ... after I figured out the slice problem I got good at tennis quite fast ... I went from 2.5 to 4.0-ish in about three months).

You can learn the torso-offset swing just having the phone, on a table for example, in the line of sight to where the ball would be when you make contact.

See sample screens below.

Thank you for your time,

Randy Zeitman

trevinoo.jpg

swing-trainer.jpg

• Administrator

I spent a little time with it, and I don't know that it achieves what you say it achieves. Or how it could.

Tell me if I've got this right:

• I put the phone down after setting up that I want to make a swing every eight seconds (or whatever), that my swing takes 1 second, that I want to see a letter or number for a certain time period, etc.
  • I swing when it says, and look at the phone as if it's the ball. I don't even need a club in my hands.
  • Right around what would be impact, I should see a number or letter. There is no place to enter the number or letter to see if I got it right, however.
  • This is supposed to improve my hand-eye coordination.

I don't see how.

You say this:

Turning the lower torso before the upper torso is what creates power - in the form of TORSION via the torso. Only when the lower torso is first turned, ‘offset’, can the hands come through ... very freely, with little strain or acceleration.

When people say "Let the racket (bat or clubhead) do the work." it’s only half the story. It's the lower torso that creates the power and when you get it right you’ll instantly know it as you'll feel the front halves of your feet solidly planted, pushing down, to steady the torsion you just created.

Whereas before I wanted to accelerate my arms and hands at the ball I'm now swinging with perhaps half the effort and the ball, both golf and tennis, still goes 90+% the same distance and speed.

But…

• The arms generate a tremendous amount of the power available in the golf swing. We know this for a fact.
  • The lower body starts about 10ms before the upper body. They essentially start at the same time.
  • Plenty of golfers start with the lower body but still hit pulls and slices.
  • I don't see what this has to do with hand-eye coordination at all.

Please share your thoughts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!