IGNORED

My Swing (Trog2233)

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 16.7
My typical ball flight is: fade with driver and straight with irons. 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hook and slice

Videos: 

Unfortunately I can’t get to the range for a video because we have a foot of snow at the time.  My goal for this year is to improve my ball striking.  Too many fat/thin shots throughout my round.  Any comments are much appreciated.

• Administrator

openface.jpg

This is why practice swings don't work. That clubface is probably like 20° open.

Your body "knows" you want "shaft lean" or something, so you shove the hands forward and the face stays wide open. You wouldn't do that hitting a ball - stuff would be different because you'd have to do something to square it up.

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

openface.jpg

This is why practice swings don't work. That clubface is probably like 20° open.

Your body "knows" you want "shaft lean" or something, so you shove the hands forward and the face stays wide open. You wouldn't do that hitting a ball - stuff would be different because you'd have to do something to square it up.

Really? I didn’t know that. Thanks Iacas!  I will retake the videos hitting a ball shortly and repost it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the snow melted and I was able to get to the range. Ball striking has been very bad. Lots of fat and thin shots. Even in the down the line video you can see how I hit it fat.   I feel like I may have too much hip turn but I don’t know. Any help would be great. 
 I apologize... I didn’t realize I did a face on with a driver and down the line 7 iron. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.