IGNORED

My Swing (Trog2233)

trog2233
Note: This thread is 1116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 16.7
My typical ball flight is: fade with driver and straight with irons. 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hook and slice

Videos: 

Unfortunately I can’t get to the range for a video because we have a foot of snow at the time.  My goal for this year is to improve my ball striking.  Too many fat/thin shots throughout my round.  Any comments are much appreciated.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

• Administrator

openface.jpg

This is why practice swings don't work. That clubface is probably like 20° open.

Your body "knows" you want "shaft lean" or something, so you shove the hands forward and the face stays wide open. You wouldn't do that hitting a ball - stuff would be different because you'd have to do something to square it up.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

openface.jpg

This is why practice swings don't work. That clubface is probably like 20° open.

Your body "knows" you want "shaft lean" or something, so you shove the hands forward and the face stays wide open. You wouldn't do that hitting a ball - stuff would be different because you'd have to do something to square it up.

Really? I didn’t know that. Thanks Iacas!  I will retake the videos hitting a ball shortly and repost it.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |

• 2 weeks later...

Finally the snow melted and I was able to get to the range. Ball striking has been very bad. Lots of fat and thin shots. Even in the down the line video you can see how I hit it fat.   I feel like I may have too much hip turn but I don’t know. Any help would be great. 
 I apologize... I didn’t realize I did a face on with a driver and down the line 7 iron. 

In my Ogio Budlight Bag

• Administrator

Stop dumping the club behind you. Feel it almost go more vertical toward the end of your backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!