IGNORED

Best comeback ever!

Williamevanl
Note: This thread is 5897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just finished up a round of golf with my friend. I was playing terrible and was down 7 strokes with 5 holes to go. I got two pars a bogey and 2 birdies on the last 5 to win by one stroke and I drove the green on the last hole, a 320 yard par four which is unheard of for me.

Whats your best comeback ever?

Some guy in traffic says, "KI$$ my A$$!"

I reply, "How? The dildo's in the way."

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

Playing a match play for club championship once (no handicap) and I was down 3 with 5 holes to go. I wasn't playing bad, but I just kept getting bad breaks and I was about 2 over for the day. After three jacking to go down by 3 with 5 to go I threw my ball in the water, and just got more determined. I then proceeded to:

1. Drive the next hole, a part 4 and make a slick 30 foot left to right putt for eagle.

2. Make birdie after hitting a 100 yard approach to the green that lipped the cup.

3. Two putt for birdie on a par 5 after putting it on in two and according to my friends (I disagree with them), the 2nd shot was the best shot they had seen in awhile (I though the eagle putt was a much more difficult shot)

4. Par a 220 yard par 3 17th. Got a little lucky as I had to get up and down and the chip I hit came out softer than I expected, but almost went in the hole (I won the hole with a par)

5. Birdie the 18th hole with a 10 foot birdie putt and win 2 up.

The only unfortunate thing was this was a long time family friend that helped teach me the game and is one of those guys that not only is he one of the nicest people you'll ever meet (I've never seen the guy get upset once), he's also one of the coolest people you'll ever meet and everybody wants to be his friend and he treats everybody like they are his best friend. So in a sense it was bittersweet, but there was about 20 people watching and it was a pretty incredible experience.

Another one I had was more satisfying, but not as big of a comeback. I was in a 3 day tournament and after two days I was up 5 strokes and the nearest competitor was a long time rival that I didn't quite like. On the final round I had lost my lead after the first 9 holes and he got up on me by 3 strokes with 3 to. I then get on the 16th hole and hook my drive into the woods while he kills one down the middle. But I actually lucked out because I was struggling with a hook all day and while I was in the trees and had to hook the ball, I actually had that shot in my bag and at the time it was probably my best shot in the bag. I then knock it to about 5 feet. He's in the fairway and that bothers him and knocks it short and winds up taking a bogey and now I'm only down 1. I then proceed to birdie the short 17th to tie it up and after birding the short 18th, he misses a 6 footer and I win the tournament.

3JACK

Last season I was playing in my league where I was giving my buddy 17 shots for 9 holes. Before anyone asks I know that under normal conditions a 16 could not give 17 shots for 9 holes. We play on a course that is not rated and there is no max handicap in our league. My league number was 6 and his was 23 for 9. Anyway, I bogey to his double on 1 and think OK all I need to do is come up with 17 more. On 2 I'm looking at a 10 footer for bird when he chips in for par. I miss my bird and push the hole. I get one back on 3 and 2 more on 4. At this point I am 13 down with 5 holes to play. I make bogey on 5 and he rolls in a 30 footer for par. 14 down with 4 to play.

I still had hope because we were coming to the toughest part of the course. This is where it got crazy. I chip in for bird on a 220 yard par 3. He makes a 6. 4 Shot swing and I'm 10 down with 3 to go. Driver wedge to 8 inches on number 7 and I'm tapping in for my second straight birdie. He has 30 feet for par so I'm thinking at least 2 more. He drains it. 9 down 2 to go. Number 8 is a down hill par 4 that plays 280 yards. I can drive the green, but it requires carrying some big trees. If you miss your ball is gone and it's 3 from the tee. I hit my hybrid to the center of the fairway and pitch a ball that lands 1 foot from the cup and then releases 15 feet past to the back fringe. He is in some trouble and ends up with a 9. I roll in my putt from the fringe for my 3rd straight birdie. 3 down with 1 to play. I bomb my drive but end up in the left rough. The pin is up on the back tier and my approach ends up on the bottom. I overcook my first one and end up with a 10 footer comming back. He helps me out by tapping in for his 8. Now all I have to do is make my putt for the win. I hit it perfect and it goes center cup. It was my lowest score ever at +1 and the first time I ever had back to back birds, much less three in a row.

I actually had a better comeback on him earlier in the year. I was giving him 21 shots for 9 holes but could only make up 20 and lost by 1.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Boston Red Sox - 2004 American League Championship :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Quick story, myself and a mate (playing off 6 and 5 respectively at the time) were 4 down after 9 in handicap foursomes matchplay (giving about 8 shots).

Feeling under the kosh we played awesome on the back nine and shot a gross 6 under (foursomes, not fourballs) and still only halved the match

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I actually had a better comeback on him earlier in the year. I was giving him 21 shots for 9 holes but could only make up 20 and lost by 1.

I just choked.... 21 shots for 9 holes

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Boston Red Sox - 2004 American League Championship :)

heh heh. I'm a mets fan, and whenever yankee fans bring up 'the worst collapse in baseball ever blah blah blah' I just mention this moment.

Don't play any tournament golf outside of best ball charity events, but we play foursome skins on the weekends. One time out one of the players and I halved 6 straight holes leading up to the 18th hole. To even the money out there are 3 skins available at the par 5 18th hole, so that made 9 skins on the line. We tee off, both in the fairway, he lays up and hits a slice in the right rough. I go for it and end up a few yards from the front of the green, in the fairway. His third shot is a slice to the right, his fourth shot is a "pulled out of his arse" flop that ends up 4 feet. So all I needed to do was get up and down, so I pitch up to a little under a foot and he proceeds to hit it back to me whilst mumbling a few choice words.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!