IGNORED

The Downfalls of the Offseason

DDBowdoin
Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well guys after 6 months away from the sticks the weather is picking up here and I made my first visit to the driving range. All I can is wow, I'm now terrible again at golf...

This happens ever year and even though I know its going to happen I seem to fail to prepare myself mentally for the reality that snow and golf don't mix, neither does a lengthy offseason where I play hockey rather than golf.

how do people on here deal with a lengthy off season mentally? just struggling now

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

it is the same deal for me except i ski. what i usally do to get in the swing of thingd is to take lessons and play tons of practice rounds and try to putt and chip a ton so you can get your short game back. as for you long game the driving range is a great place to start. good luck

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

im having the same thing. Just finished hockey and right now tired of it. This is now the time of month where I would do anything to golf. I die to golf and crave it so much. I could be talking about anything and then somehow I'll get into talking about golf. Whatever i do relates me to golf.

I can't wait and sometimes I just watch videos of my own swing just to satisfy my craving. (weird i know)

It'll stil be another month before I can go.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I can't wait and sometimes I just watch videos of my own swing just to satisfy my craving. (weird i know)

i do that all the time

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Well guys after 6 months away from the sticks the weather is picking up here and I made my first visit to the driving range. All I can is wow, I'm now terrible again at golf...

I feel ya. Where are you in Boston?

... neither does a lengthy offseason where I play hockey rather than golf.

yeah, I play hockey all offseason too... we just lost in the playoffs so our season officialy ended Monday.

My worries are that I won't be able to find enough hockey when I move to NC... but my golf game should certainly stay in better shape. Comming from Michigan it will be different to try talking to people about hockey only to have them respond that they've never skated, but love watching NASCAR and baseball.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I feel ya. Where are you in Boston?

West Roxbury, recently out of college so living with the rents for the time being. we'll see what happens in the next few months..

I went down the range today and its unreal... all of last summer there is a flag that is 145 yds, true yardage and I would stick it left and right with my 9... not today, a 7 wasnt getting me there thats just sad!

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I tend to put on weight during the off season.. haha.. stupid McDonalds!!

I also tend to struggle for a couple of rounds at the start of the season but that is really no big deal, once you get that jump-start (first couple rounds) out of the way than it is smooth sailing from there and hopefully lower scores. Your body gets stonger as it gets use to the golf swing again and that's why your distances change from start to end. You start using muscles that you don't normally use during the off season and end up with back pains, etc...

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I tend to put on weight during the off season.. haha.. stupid McDonalds!!

haha this is all making me feel good, my golf bag just isnt very happy with me

I'm definitely going to play saturday, conditions may suck but whatever

Daniel Duarte

The off season here is pretty short, but usually starting around Christmas I tend not to play for a couple months. I try not to put to much pressure on myself the first few times I go out, just have fun and work my way back in to it. And if that doesn't help i usually just practice, practice and then practice some more.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

my uncle lives at isleworth down in windemere and thanks to my ___hole father relations are strained and I can kiss an invite goodbye, I could use an offseason round down there

that'd really help the confidence haha

no

Daniel Duarte

It's nice to know others go thru this as well. It's amazing how fast the muscle memory goes away. Thank goodness for the golf channel and old masters tapes to get me thru the winter. I found a great way to kick off the start of a new season. For the last 2 years, I have taken a lesson before I start playing alot and it gives me something to work towards. I had my lesson today to start the new season and I can't wait for more grass to start popping up so I can start playing more.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

took a two hand slash last night, swollen / strained middle finger!

damn... I cant even grip a club now. today was supposed to be my 1st round

pretty down now

Daniel Duarte

took a two hand slash last night, swollen / strained middle finger!

how are you still playing hockey?

I was done about 3 weeks ago, We got knocked out first round of playoffs.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

how are you still playing hockey?

Do you play for the school or in a league... and what level hockey are you playing. I don't know what Canada has (although I should since I've played over there enough)... but is it like the states with PeeWee, Bantam, Midget, etc. A, AA, AAA (travel leagues) and B or BB for house.

If I had known there were so many hockey players on this board I would have suggested a fantasy hockey.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I am living abroad in Gothenburg, Sweden. My local golf course closed regular greens Dec. 26, and re-opened them mid-late February! With winter greens in January and early February. It had been a really good off season, until we received 10cm snow last week, it should be all gone by tomorrow. It was certainly an unpleasant surprise to have the golf course closed due to snow for the first time in late March.

....until we received 10cm snow last week

I am American

, so let's see.. 10 cm X 0.3937 = 3.937 inches, yeah that's too much snow to play in . I heard when I worked at a Country Club that the diehard golfers use to go out in the snow and play with tennis balls, I personally never saw them out there but that was the rumor.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Do you play for the school or in a league... and what level hockey are you playing. I don't know what Canada has (although I should since I've played over there enough)... but is it like the states with PeeWee, Bantam, Midget, etc. A, AA, AAA (travel leagues) and B or BB for house.

No I dont play for the school..

At the beginning there are 3 leauges, A1, A2, and A3, and then when you get older you get the option to try out for AAA or AA. Im in AA. My age currently there is A2, A1, AA(My Leauge) , AAA, and then Major AAA
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!