IGNORED

Anyone Else do an Upright Swing With High Hands?

k4y
Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently adopted the "two-plane" swing (as coined by Jim Hardy), which essentially is a more arms-based, upright swing where the swing arc is more vertical and vs around your body.

Does anyone else adopt a more upright swing? I'm having a tough time finding tips online for this unconventional swing and I'm doing my best to adopt "best practices" by comparing my swing to other 2-palners like David Toms.

• Administrator

I don’t think a “2 Plane Swing” qualifies as “unconventional.”

Please embed videos here:

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think a “2 Plane Swing” qualifies as “unconventional.”

I guess it's not extremely "unconventional" but I think many parts of the swing goes against some of the more "standard" teachings, or at least what I see on Youtube (forgive me I'm still relatively new to golf).

Some of the differences of this upright/2-plane type of swing, according to the Jim Hardy 2-plane swing vs more "standard" golf teachings:

1. Using more of the arms to generate power, rather than the body
  2. Having less depth at the top of the backswing
  3. Being slightly across-the-line at the top of the backswing
  4. Having a more open club face coming down
  5. Less body and hip openness at impact

Of course not every "upright swinger/2-planer" adopts all of the above, but those are the things that Jim Hardy mentioned in his book and I'm trying to follow it as I don't have any other guide.

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!