IGNORED

Most Overrated PGA Players?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good for david,
he doesnt care, he has the british open in his back pocket, millions of dollars in the bank, a family

hes the man

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duval is still a 'big dog' in my opinion. He's got a few bucks in the bank, but in a few years time he may become short of money as i do not know what else he does to keep the money coming in and to keep him in the life that he's become accustomed to. Bob Duval is arguably a better player than DD in the scheme of things. DD prefers to hide away in his mansion in Denver, Colorado- when it snows in the winter i hope its not like The Shining at his place..lol.

He's not a PGA Tour player. Do you have anyone in mind who is?

Not to split hairs, but the question is Most Overrated PGA Players, not PGA Tour Players. Monty is on the European PGA Tour. Thus he is technically a PGA player. I, however, am one that thinks he is no longer overrated. I don't think too many people think of him as one of the best in the world anymore as he is only 41st on the Order of Merit. He was one of the greats in his prime. He won 8 Order of Merits and 31 European Tour titles. He is just no longer in his prime.

I was actually pulling for him in the 2006 US Open. He had the game in his prime to win a major. I thought it would be a nice way to cap a very good career. I also tend to pull for the Scottish players since my Grandmother was born in Abberdean. http://www.europeanpgatour.com/
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Not to split hairs, but the question is Most Overrated PGA Players, not PGA Tour Players. Monty is on the European PGA Tour. Thus he is technically a PGA player. I, however, am one that thinks he is no longer overrated. I don't think too many people think of him as one of the best in the world anymore as he is only 41st on the Order of Merit. He was one of the greats in his prime. He won 8 Order of Merits and 31 European Tour titles. He is just no longer in his prime.

I was trying, very hard, to head off another Monty-bashing session, which could have turned ugly. The others all have.

I think you're splitting hairs. Please, please agree... And just a small correction - it's the PGA European Tour, not the other way round. Anyway, I've decided that Chad Campbell gets my vote. Promised much, achieved little and he has that moony face. Probably absolutely charming but, from 3000 miles away, I don't like the look of him..

I was trying, very hard, to head off another Monty-bashing session, which could have turned ugly. The others all have.

It may have been a few hairs, but I would much rather cheer for Monty than Sergio. I do think he has tried to warm up to the US fans. His blast about the Masters won't help matters though.

Correction noted. I actually knew that but didn't want to go all golf snob in my post. I figured quoting his win totals was good enough. I agree with you on Campbell. I think he is another one that people kept waiting for. He may still reach his peak, but I don't think he had lived up to his quick start.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!