IGNORED

My Swing (SJ7)

SJ7
Note: This thread is 966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, 

1st off I'd like to apologise for the camera angle, I plan on setting this up much better when I get to the range next should be this week and I plan on getting a side on view as well. Just want to get this up though.

So I used to play a lot around 4-5 years ago, I took a break from it. During this time though, I used to be incredibly short. My drives went no where to the point where I'd probably be better taking like a 6 Iron. My ball flight back then was high weak right basically a balloon shot, I hit basically everything so high and you can imagine how much fun I had playing into the wind. Now I have come back I seem have a bit of a better ball flight hitting a bit further (Maybe because of the conditions) but from what I can see my ball flight is a bit lower, What I think triggered this was a change in my grip to a much stronger grip, I looked at Shaun Clements videos and got it from that, The funny thing is I was actually over hitting stuff which was quite nice to see even if it meant I was landing over the greens.

Since I've been back playing, my consistency for ball striking has been terrible, Thins, Tops and Shanks, as well as hitting it pretty nice at times. Can add a fats shot's into that mix as well but I've never really take a divot when hitting a half decent shot.

Not really sure what else to say, Please feel free to comment or ask questions.

I do plan on posting more and better videos once I get down to the range but again I apologise for angle of this video. 

I've been Playing Golf for:  I'd Say about 3-4 Years but did have a big break from the game for maybe like 4-5 years, I'm just getting back into things now.

My current handicap index or average score is: Don't have one right now, but used to play off like 15 if I remember correctly, This was mostly down to my short game though.

My typical ball flight is: Slight draw when hit ok

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Short High Weak Right

Videos: 

Need a better camera angle. Make sure it is down your toe line, about waist high.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (SJ7)
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

I hope these are a little better, I will have to the face on angle on the course sometime the bays around me are far to small and the camera would be so close, Even on these one's the down line angle was the farthest away I could possible have. 

Comparing my game from now to my original post I'd say my ball striking has been a lot better in terms of consistency. I'm never too far offline and I'm pretty short in terms of distance. Driver I'm probably averaging around 210ish but can squeeze it out 240ish if I get everything right. 

Edited by SJ7

• Administrator

Tough to help with those.

And no face on?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

The FO video helps. If I were you, I would:

• Do a lot days 1-5 from https://golfevolution.com/30-day-plan/.
  • Add an avatar.
  • Post in some other topics and get to know some of the people here.
  • Post regularly here showing yourself doing the drills in a few minutes a day at home.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!