IGNORED

Titlest comparison, opinions needed...

Note: This thread is 6822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,
I'm in the search for new clubs and I have decided upon using either the 735cm or the 690cb. I've been using "k-mart" clubs ever since i've started playing and I consistently shoot in the mid to high 80's with these clubs. I wanted to get new clubs to enhance my game. What do you guys suggest I get? I tested out both clubs and both feel great. I'm not too sure about the muscle back short iron's since i didn't get to use those and never have used a muscle back club before. Both are in the same price range, and i'm leaning toward the 690cb, will i regret not getting the 735's? Is there much difference between the 2? Would hitting the 735 be much more difficult than hitting the 690's?

• Administrator

Guys, talking here in the forum is fine. No need to move to AIM - a conversation like this can benefit everyone.

As for me, well, my advice is as follows:

The clubs are going to be about the same. The 735s are a bit more of a player's club because the wedges and short irons have a little more flexibility, but they are a bit larger in size. If you like the look of a small blade-like iron, get the 690.

The 735, for the most part and for everyone but someone with a handicap in the mid- to low-single digits, will play very much like the mixed sets some people were buying with 690.CBs and 690.MBs.

You really can't go wrong either way, though. They're both great sets of clubs.

Personally, I hit the 690s a bit too high, so I went with 680s. But the 735s weren't an option in March 2005, either.

P.S. One other note: make sure you choose between the stainless steel (duller, a bit "harder" feeling) and the chromed (brighter, a bit softer).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!