IGNORED

two swing issues.

kekoa
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what do you guys recommend for the following:

1. My clubface is very shut at the top.

2. My lower body is too quick causing my swingpath to be almost 12 degrees in to out when it should be in the area of 5-7. A guy at callaway recommended i practice dropping my hands to start the swing, which is very difficult to do. Any other tips?

thanks

RE #1: The top of your swing position doesn't necessarily correlate with where you will arrive at impact. Do you have a shut clubface at impact, and hook or pull shots? There are tour pros who have shut clubfaces at the top, and their body motion (often clearing the hips) results in them being square at impact. If you do arrive at impact with a shut clubface then an adjustment may be in order, but if you don't then don't concern yourself with it. The easist was to change your clubface position is to change your grip. Swing either to the top or to impact and stop. Lighten your grip on the club and rotate the club into the position you desire it to be in at that stage. Return to address (without taking your hands off the club) and look at how your grip looks since that may be the ideal grip your you to use. To verify that the new grip helps you to arrive at impact with a square clubface hit shots with your new grip/hand position. RE #2: You say your problem is in-to-out on the downswing (which results in blocks and hooks), and that the Callaway guy told you to drop your hands (suggesting to me that he was advocating dropping the club behind you and swinging on a shallower path), but if you truely are in-to-out then you'll just be swinging even more in-to-out. If you really want to drop the club more behind you starting down there are a couple of things you could try. You could think about raising your left shoulder (which will drop your right shoulder and pull your right arm into your side), which would drop the club behind you. You could drop your right elbow to your right pocket/hip while keeping your back turned to the target (again dropping the club and arms behind you).

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

For number two, it sounds like your forward leg may not be creating enough resistance for which your upper body and shoulders to turn around. Try these two things. (I'll assume that you're a righty)

A) Allow your forward (left) heel to slightly lift off the ground by the time you reach the top of the back swing. Then when you move forward with your hips in the down swing, snap and shift your weight down onto your left leg's heel. This will ensure that your left leg posts better, if it doesn't already. B) Try to maintain your spine's posture through the hitting zone. You may be straightening up a little. Here's a drill that you may want to consider. If you were to place the top edge of a chair up against your buttocks at address, focus on keeping your left buttock cheek up against that edge (maintaining contact) during the downswing and immediately after striking the ball. Regards, Mark

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!