IGNORED

What do YOU think of ESPN Masters coverage?

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you guys think? I will kick this off:

I guess I didn't know what a throw away the par 3 is for so many players, but I was watching it with my son and I felt very good about so many families golfing together. I am happy they put it on TV.

At one point during the afternoon I heard a nose-squirt convo:

Feherty: "They say that the Danes are the happiest people on Earth--they set their expectations so low!"
Faldo: "Additionally, they have the best bacon!"

The delivery and timing of this conversation was so hilarious, and I loved it. Thank goodness that truck didn't off Feherty!

I liked the opening montage with the Thomas Hayden Church voice-over as well.

No complaints so far.

I enjoyed. This is my first Masters since breaking 100, and since I just submitted what is essentially a Masters Thesis on Monday, the timing is perfect. I get to watch it and some friends are going to come by for the Sunday showing.

It's much better than the normal PGA Tour events. I see golf shots all the time, even when Tiger was on the field. This guy, that guy, this other thing. That's how I feel golf should be broadcast.

In short, I'm very happy.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I enjoyed. This is my first Masters since breaking 100, and since I just submitted what is essentially a Masters Thesis on Monday, the timing is perfect.

Where does one find this Thesis?

Where does one find this Thesis?

Sorry, I was being too clever with what I said. The thesis is about data mining (clustering, to be specific) and is unrelated to the tournament at Augusta National. It is submitted as one of the requirements of the PhD program.

And now that I type that, I realize you might be being clever too. In any case, I'll have more thoughts tomorrow night after I see tomorrow's coverage.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

ESPN's coverage totally SUX!

I tried to watch it for about an hour last night and my guess is that in an hour of coverage, I got to see less than 10 minutes of golf being played.

I saw more than 10 minutes of a documentary on the Virginia Tech massacre that they somehow thought was relevant because Weaver, one of the amateurs playing is from VT. What a reach for useless filler!

There were at least 3 long player interviews, including one of Weaver who was +4 and heading for the cut. Who cares what a college jock has to say about being 8 shots off the lead on day one? Duh, "At this rate I will only be 32 shots behind the winner on Sunday?"

I will give them one big positive; they didn't make it a Tiger Woods worship ceremony (or maybe I missed that 4 hour session?).

The only thing worse than ESPN's coverage was that of the GOLF channel. I have watched better syndicated cartoons.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I wished they started the coverage, earlier. Say, 2:30PM. It's not like anyone is going to miss "First and Ten" or some NFL Pre-Draft information. I realize that there are programming issues, advertising issues, etc. However, from a fan's perspective, I much rather get 5 hours of Major Tournament golf coverage.

Aside: The Masters on HDTV is sick.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Aside: The Masters on HDTV is sick.

Pardon the pun. Amen!

-- Michael | My swing! 

I've been rewatching some of yesterday's round on the ESPN360.com archives.

The quality is phenomenal!

Good job, ESPN...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Spectacular HD. Quality is as good as I have ever seen. Azaleas are eye popping! Good job ESPN.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Jim Nantz is boring and is making Nick Faldo seem boring as well. I can'r stand the light background music as well. So obvious and dull. I do appreciate that they've run the coverage back to back today. I was more than a bit put off that they didn't yesterday. When is ESPN's contract over?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Jim Nantz is boring and is making Nick Faldo seem boring as well. I can'r stand the light background music as well. So obvious and dull. I do appreciate that they've run the coverage back to back today. I was more than a bit put off that they didn't yesterday. When is ESPN's contract over?

With The Masters? I believe it's an annual thing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Typical.
The leaders are in the clubhouse.
Phil Michelson shoots a great score during coverage.
They cover Tiger as if it's a Presidential Election.
They are better about showing more shots instead of mostly putting.

Lucky for me, I have AT&T; Uverse TV.
There are two free channels this week.
One covers 11, 12 and 13 all day with no (as in ZERO) commercials.
The other covers 15 and 16.
I watched that instead.
I sped through the ESPN coverage this morning.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

ESPN's coverage should have ended at the conclusion of the second round.

Now you get CBS for two days. If you don't like the music, mute your TV anytime you see the Hogan Bridge.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I didn't think it was anything extraordinary. It didn't make me forget the early round coverage by the USA network...

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I like it a lot better than the dismal coverage of any tournament on the golf channel, but the back round music is really corny though.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Note: This thread is 5879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!