IGNORED

Erin Hills vs. Arcadia Bluffs

I play Arcadia Bluffs (Bluffs Course) pretty much every year and just had the opportunity to play Erin Hills and wanted to see how it would compare, aside from being excited to check it off the list. 

If I only had to play one, it would be Arcadia Bluffs.  Erin Hills is awesome and will be heading back there next year.  The atmosphere with the Lodge and the Irish Pub is super cool.  As for the course, Erin Hills is definitely harder - it felt like Arcadia on steroids.  It's a stern test of golf, but I found the number of elevated greens with extreme runoffs a bit much.  In some sense, Arcadia plays easier because it's a much easier driving course, IMO - a lot funnels back into the fairway, while Erin has holes where you have to hit the right part of the fairway or it will kick you into the rough.

The holes at Arcadia feel more varied.  A lot of holes at Erin Hills feel like #18 at Arcadia, which is my least favorite hole - elevated green, can't see where it lands, etc. 

The feel of the courses is actually very similar with the obvious difference being no Lake Michigan to look at at Erin Hills.  That said, they did it right with the atmosphere they created at Erin - it's all about golf and that's it. 

Glad to have added this to the list of Top courses I've been able to play. 

Edited by chriskzoo
  • Like 1

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x