IGNORED

Do you tilt your putter forward

jfrain2004
Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was having serious problems with my putting of late and to have more than 36 was a common occurance. My distance control on lag putts was way off and would regularly miss 3fts. Then I noticed most if not all the pros at the masters when setting up their putts had a slight forward tilt on their putter shaft. Tiger seemed to have the most tilt.
I tried this on sat morn and again on Sunday morn and found myself with 31 / 33 putts respectively, 34 was my previous best.
Has anyone else ever tried this or do you instinctivly have a forward tilt on your putter shaft? I found I was able to really fire the 3 ftrs at the hole and my 20 ft or more lag putting was in almost all cases within a gimme distance of the hole.

............ Just my two pence worth

It also eliminates my fear of catching the ground just behind the ball. Wasn't sure if it was some placebo effect of a new putting style but now that I see ye guys have the same idea I'll defo be sticking with it.

I found that tilting the putter forward (or havign a forward press) makes the ball skid a lot more off the putter face than usual (which makes sense as you are reducing the lost on the putter face), so not my cup of tea.

also tilt in your shaft is effected by your ball position...

Yes, I tilt. I address the ball and line up then right before the backswing I tilt it forward. I get a truer roll of the face.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

Yes, I tilt. I address the ball and line up then right before the backswing I tilt it forward. I get a truer roll of the face.

I do the same. But its not that much, half an inch at most.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!