IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I find when there's a bunch of women on there it's more interesting, because some of them are cute.

EXACTLY: if the golf is gonna be better than average, but less than pros, I would much rather have nice scenery than a sausage-fest: I am watching.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my guilty pleasure. Is it just me or do the girls seem to get a little better looking every season?

I don't think it is a coincidence. I'm sure they figure that the better looking they are, the less chance of the "hot" one getting sent home early and causing a ratings dip. I think the pool race was one of the best challenges so far. I was kind of happy that the last team took so long to find the right coconut.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Samantha - don't really remember her, either

Oh, and I remembered Samantha. She has the silkiest, most "liltingly feminine" British accent. I could listen all day....

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Administrator
An interesting article by Stina can be found here. Some interesting parts:

Source: Stina
It was as if the producers had plucked the 12 most Alpha females they could find out of the thousands who applied to get onto the show. (And as the season progresses, you'll learn that even the players who may have seemed meek and sweet in the first episode have some real claws.)

On top of that, all of them (okay, all but one) were really good players with impressive golf resumes.

After watching the first episode, you might conclude that the obvious front-runners are Lori, Kim, Adrienne and Courtney, and the bottom of the barrel are Cirbie, Susan and Dana. Well, I'm not at liberty to reveal what happens, but let's just say you'd be pulling out your wallet to pay for Magee's lunch as often as I did...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought Cirbie was really cute. I could see where playing barefoot could possibly help with balance. I hope she does well.

In My Hideaway Bag:

Driver: r7 Draw
5: Genex Cross
7:3-PW: Silver Scot Blades56 and 60 wedge: El-804Putter: Dual Force II Rossie MalletBalls: Laddie X------------------------------------------------Wish List: Vokey Oil Can 56 Wedge

It is my guilty pleasure. Is it just me or do the girls seem to get a little better looking every season?

No one tops Bri Vega in the looks department.
But c'mon, they can golf... it's not like just because they're female they shouldn't be playing golf.

Unless they are in the group in front of you.

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

No one tops Bri Vega in the looks department.

Pfffft... OK. She's about a 6 out of 10, 7 at best. Ashley Gomes was better looking than Bri... and I normally like brunettes better. Ashley had some serious tatas, and Bri was just average.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

LOL Ashley was about a 5, she needs to shed some lbs. A little piggy look to her.

I agree she was a little padded... but she still looked better than Bri, and she did have nice top end. I would say that at least three or four of the girls on the new show look better than both of them.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
I agree she was a little padded... but she still looked better than Bri, and she did have nice top end. I would say that at least three or four of the girls on the new show look better than both of them.

Bri looks 10x better in person.

Let's focus on the current cast though, shall we, and perhaps even the golf content of the current shows rather than the contestant's blouse contents?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Bri looks 10x better in person.

sorry... it's a long time between shows and we've already hit most of the golf topics. I'll try to stay on topic.

Here's an on topic little tid bit... it seems that they have done away with the idea of a "cut line" like they had in the last season... did anyone prefer the idea of a cut as opposed to having to score well and get points each show?

Well Fellers...I'll give them both a 10, just in case they lurk on the sand trap forum.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Let's focus on the current cast though, shall we, and perhaps even the golf content of the current shows rather than the contestant's blouse contents?

That show has golf content????!!!! Don't tell the Golf Channel that or they will take the clubs away and just show them on the beach. Basically all of the Big Break shows look like they were put together by the same person who thinks Paris Hilton is news. The only thing lacking is the background music from some soap opera.

I watched the original rounds when they first came on but half way through the second series, I renamed the show "Give Me a Break" and turned it off. The Golf Channel seems particularily bad about hyping drama over presenting golf compitition, when compared with ESPN or the other networks. They will dwell for days on who said what about who and how X might react to what Y said about them, but they can't show 10 minutes of solid golf action. Thankfully, the Golf Channel does not have exclusive rights to broadcast all of the PGA tournaments.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

• Administrator
The Golf Channel seems particularily bad about hyping drama over presenting golf compitition, when compared with ESPN or the other networks. They will dwell for days on who said what about who and how X might react to what Y said about them, but they can't show 10 minutes of solid golf action.

All the stuff you said is kind of the point: it's a reality TV show with golf, not a golf show with a little reality. You're slamming it for not being something it's not trying to be...

They do have exclusive rights... to the first and second round. And obviously PGA Tour golf isn't "reality TV," so comparing the two is a bit silly.

All the stuff you said is kind of the point: it's a reality TV show with golf, not a golf show with a little reality. You're slamming it for not being something it's not trying to be...

Fortunately, they have 1st and 2nd round coverage of

some tournaments but apparently not even that for the majors. Be that as it may... I enjoy most of TGC tournament coverage but when I flip on Big Break, there is seldom any golf shots being made. I think the concept is fantastic...take a group of people who show above average talent, set up a wide range of demanding shots derived from real life possibilities, see who the best over several days of compitition, award prize, start next round. Whoa, that sounds like real golf, and I'm sure the idea behind the show was not to do it that way. I also knew I was in trouble with Big Break when it dawned on me that the promotional announcer sounded like he was on loan from the World Wrestling Federation and announcing a Cage Match or something...I don't watch those either.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

Nothin wrong with a fondness for the hotness

In my bag

Driver 905R 9.5 with Aldila
3-wood G10 15 degree
Hybrid G10 18 degreeIrons MP 32Wedges 52 & 56 & 60 degreePutter SC SS Newport 1.5Ball

• Administrator
Fortunately, they have 1st and 2nd round coverage of

The majors aren't PGA Tour events. Augusta National, the USGA, the R&A;, and the PGA put them on.

Yeah yeah, nit-picky, I know.
I also knew I was in trouble with Big Break when it dawned on me that the promotional announcer sounded like he was on loan from the World Wrestling Federation and announcing a Cage Match or something...I don't watch those either.

To each their own, and that's fine. But given the choice between, say, most reality shows and one that involves golf, I'll take the latter. Plus it doesn't hurt that my wife likes watching the women be catty to each other and making fun of them when they screw up, so it's a show related to golf that we can watch together. Another win.

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!