IGNORED

handicap

gasfreak
Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been golfing since the beginning of this year,used to golf when I was younger but never got a handicap.I know about what mine would be but dont have one established yet,was wondering if someone could tell me how to get one without playing 5-18 hole rounds without cheating myself or others.My course has several torneys and scrambles coming up sooner than I could play that many rounds.No intentions to sandbag or cheat in any way.........

You can't get an official handicap without playing. But if you joined a club you could use your last 5 I think.
http://www.usga.org/playing/handicap..._handicap.html

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

How do you get a GHIN number from your course,what I was thinking of doing is to get 5 scorecards from my club next time and fill them out as honest as I can and tell them I have been saving them up and turn them in.Like I said I will fill them out right,I guess I would still be kinda cheating but I really have gotten back in to golf with a passion and would love to play in some of these torneys........Has anyone ever done this or am I just stupid

How do you get a GHIN number from your course,what I was thinking of doing is to get 5 scorecards from my club next time and fill them out as honest as I can and tell them I have been saving them up and turn them in.Like I said I will fill them out right,I guess I would still be kinda cheating but I really have gotten back in to golf with a passion and would love to play in some of these torneys........Has anyone ever done this or am I just stupid

Sounds like a bad idea to me. If you don't have 5 cards already, I'd wait till you do.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

If you are back into golf with a passion; just play the 5 rounds. You could knock 2 out on a sick day Monday.... knock two out on Saturday... get the 5th in on Sunday. Got your 5 rounds in one week, had an absolute BLAST golfing on a "sick day", and you'll not have cheated.

Remember, with the golf "passion" comes the golf "integrity".

Also, a lot of executive courses have USGA ratings so I am pretty sure you could play 5 of those and get your handicap calculated... they play faster and you can get a round in probably around 2 1/2 hours.

In Henderson, KY it looks like there are a variety of executive style courses that may work for you.

Driver: HiBore XLS
Hybrid: HiBore XLS 3i 22*
Irons: FP (v.07)
Wedges: CG14 Black Pearl 48* 52*
Putter: G5iBall: HX Hot BiteBest Score: 84 @ Arizona National - Tucson

OK I will just wait and play the rounds first,I played 18 today and by the way I shot a 75 which I am very proud of,par for my course is 70.Should I save all my cards and turn them in at the same time or give them to them as I play them

You started up again this year and shot a 75?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Yes I did,back when I was in my teens I was very good and it's all starting to come back to me.I guess I am lucky or whatever but I have a pretty natural swing that helps a lot,and I practice everyday in my yard.Listen I have nothing to prove to any of you guys because I will probably never have the pleasure of playing with any of you,that being said I dont get on here to lie to you so believe me or not I could care less but some people are just better at it than others.My brother has been playing for about 6 years and is pretty good and it kills him because I just picked it back up (from his coaxing) and can already beat him on a regular basis SORRY DENT.......

Awsome, how old are you now?
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

If you keep shooting like that, then I guess you'll start off with a good handicap.

If im correct did you mean just filling out scorecards simulating what you think you would get on the course to get a handicap? IF so, that is basically cheating. Because you can never really guess what you'd get.

i used to go twilight golfing and would only finish 14 holes. I used to simulate the last 4 Holes and see what I got because I wanted a final score soo bad, but I never used it for my handicap.
In My Bag

Yea I know it's cheating a little,so I am going to just wait until I can get one for real.I have saved the score cards for my last 2 rounds so all I have left is 3 more rounds to turn them in to get one anyway so I am going to do the right thing.Thanks for changing my mind I probably would have screwed it up anyhow

I screwed up my handicap once too. I put my regular scores in wrong somehow, So at my home course my handicap came up as -25.

So when i went to the handicap leaderboard, I was always #1.

I didnt mean to do it though.
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 5873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!