IGNORED

Will Tiger beat Jack's major count

jamesbei
Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger beat Jack

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but he's not as good

Do you think that Tiger will beat jack's major count, i know people will mention jack's 2nd place finishes, but to be honest tiger hacked it round Augusta and finished second, so i really feel tiger will beat Jack

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Theres no doubt Tiger would cream Jack. Tiger has a better short game and is probably one of the best 2 or 3 putters the game has ever seen.

I do think Tiger is going to surpass Jack, but barely. Maybe by one or two. I dont think tiger is going to get the 25+ majors some of the idoits on the golf channel are predicting.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I do not think he will beat Jack's records, but I do think he is a better all around golfer.

woops, didnt have that as an option =p

INT Grom

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

I voted no, but I could see him beating it my 1 or at most 2 victories, but I don't think he will actually brake the record. I think he will come 1 short.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Theres no doubt Tiger would cream Jack. Tiger has a better short game and is probably one of the best 2 or 3 putters the game has ever seen.

yes i agree, there is hardly an area, where he is not in top 10 ish, one of the best putting strokes, T12th driving distance, no1 in scrambling by miles, no1 GIR, 12th in birdie conversion

Probably why he is no1 in world by missions lol

INT Grom

I believe that Tiger will end up with at least 25 majors. He's only, what, 31? Let's say barring major injury, he plays until he's 45. Look at Vijay, as an example. He's 45 and still plays to a very high level. That said, Tiger would play in 60 more majors. Let's say he wins twenty percent of them, that would be twelve, more. This gives him 25.

No disrespect to Jack but who cares about his second place finishes? Second is the first loser and personally, I think it shows a lack of respect for both Jack and Tiger. I don't think Jack cares that he finished second. As for Tiger, it makes it seem that his victories don't have the cache as Jack's losses. It's as if people are saying, "Yeah, so Tiger broke the record. Look out how many times Jack finished second, though." Does any competitive person really care about finishing second? Unless it's Q School?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

My honest opinon is, I could care less at this point, certainly won't be holding my breath one way or the other. I'm tired of the fixation on Tiger, that story has just run out of steam for me. If he gets it he gets it, if he doesn't he doesn't, we know he plays great golf, it's fun to watch, but I'm looking for a new story, something else to pay attention to, burned out on Tiger here! Could be that he refuses to play so many tournaments, has a foul mouth, is so controlled in many ways, doesn't sign autographs, is a bit of a spoiled brat, and just seems robotic and obsessed with defeating everything in his path as if this will somehow will validate his life. Hard to connect with some of that.

And keep in mind that Jack was really an SOB for most of his career, he was only loved later on especially winning his final Masters put him over the top of public opinion, so he can have his majors, it's no big deal. Personally I never liked Jack and I don't really like Tiger either so it's not real important what they do or don't do.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• Administrator
Could be that he refuses to play so many tournaments, has a foul mouth, is so controlled in many ways, doesn't sign autographs, is a bit of a spoiled brat, and just seems robotic and obsessed with defeating everything in his path as if this will somehow will validate his life.

Looks like you've wanted to see the bad in everything Tiger does.

He doesn't "refuse" to play tournaments. He's built his schedule around the majors because that's what's important (to him, to golf fans). He's improved with his mouth. Lately, it's more "Oh, Tiger" than "Goddammit." But sure, he swears. OK. Controlled? Not sure what you mean. He's got control of himself, sure, particularly in interviews. He has to be. He signs autographs. Not as often as you'd like, but he has his reasons, and from what I've seen there's a lot of legitimacy to his reasons (kids getting trampled, etc.). Spoiled brat? He was pretty poor growing up, really. He's anything but spoiled. He's the opposite of spoiled. He's earned everything. Robotic and obsessed with beating everyone? Yeah - and that's what some people like.
And keep in mind that Jack was really an SOB for most of his career, he was only loved later on especially winning his final Masters put him over the top of public opinion, so he can have his majors, it's no big deal. Personally I never liked Jack and I don't really like Tiger either so it's not real important what they do or don't do.

It's "important" to history and golf fans. Whether you like someone or not, winning majors is still "important." Not life or death, but still "important." C'mon now... it's as if you'd be just as content to see nobodies win every major.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like you've wanted to see the bad in everything Tiger does.

Funny thing is, you do not get to Tigers level without doing everything mentioned above. It takes a certain type person to handle the limelight and still remain #1 in the world. Sure I am not a huge Tiger fan, but the things I like about him are his foul language, his willingness to walk past 4 screaming kids and not sign one single autugraph, his attitude and how he tells Nike when and where he will play. And why not be a spoiled brat, the guy came from nothing to way more than something. And he earned every single penny of it.

Sure, you could go around spending months at charitys, and spend all your time on the course signing autographs and hugging crying kids. But you will remain 2nd to Tiger.... The reason I have made comments about seeing Tigers era come to an end, is simply because he is slowly changing the Tiger he use to be.

Sorry but this is the dumbest thread I have seen. Ask Jack this question and what do you think he will say?

I am not 'Golf Channel' on Tiger but he is the best we will see in our time on this planet.

I think that there is so much hype surrounding Tiger- it is ridiculous.

The notion that the new technology has narrowed the gap and made it harder for Tiger to win is suspect in my view. Sure the other players are hitting it harder and being more aggressive in their play, but so is Tiger. The technology means in my view that all the players have jumped up a plateau or two, i don't necessarily think the gap has been narrowed.

I think we also need to look at Jack's runner up finishes in majors as well, no just outright wins. I don't think Tiger will match Jack's achievements any time soon. I can't see him winning another major this year. The competition is definitely increasing- ive been impressed with Phil's performances and consistency this year so far. I think he will one this year, maybe the Open Championship.

I prefer Jack as an ambassador for the game than Tiger. Tiger has become too 'comodified' as he is one of Nikes' robots.

Note: This thread is 5858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!