IGNORED

what makes the ball doe this??

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You really do need a 3 piece ball,prov1, use your sandwedge or what ever ,open the clubface, put the ball back in your stance,open your stance, this will cause the club to cut across the ball like a bunker shot but it will come off lower because the ball is back in you stance. try not to let the clubface close at impact. It sounds like alot to think about but it really isnt, just try it at the range a few times,,

MY BATS

DRIVER- :: 905r grafalloy prolite stiff 8.5*
WOODS-starship 15* 3 wood
IRONS-:mp 32 3- pw ,s 300WEDGES- 53 & 58 *PUTTER-scotty cameronBALL- hx tourBAG- stand bag

Let's be clear, though: the ball doesn't

I would add, though, that a tight lie MAY be necessary, in that, a lie that is fluffy or soft at all may imply that the grass is a bit higher, and could get between the ball and facem, which would mitigate the spin.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Administrator
I would add, though, that a tight lie MAY be necessary, in that, a lie that is fluffy or soft at all may imply that the grass is a bit higher, and could get between the ball and facem, which would mitigate the spin.

Sure, which is why I said (emphasis added):

If you have a clean lie (

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree, this has more to do with the ball then anything else....

Your NXT Tour does have some checkup spin but nowhere near what a multi-layer ball will have.

The only bad part it that if you miss hit these ball with other clubs, the lovely back spin you get on a well struck wedge will now result in more sidespin.

I prefer using a 60 degree wedge for this shot. The tighter (cleaner) the lie the better. Good fluffy, soft lies that we all like are better for pitches and flops. I just put 2 new wedges in my sons' bag, Solus 7.1 Series 56 and 61 degree. He loves them, says he can stop the from the fairway and the green side chips, pitches and bumps. We had tried them out at a Golfweek Demo day at a local driving range, we fell in love with the 7.1 Series 56 degree sand wedge. So I bought them. They also had the Series 4.1 cavity backs, but they did not feel good at all to klunky.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

1) the ball: gotta be the right kind (3-piece? not up on my ball technology, just know it's a big factor). My gut says an NXT Tour probably doesn't fit the bill.

NXT Tour is a high spin ball and will definately do the trick. Sure a Pro V or Nike Platinum might spin a touch more... but the NXT Tour is capable. It's all about contact. Down hard and through the ball... ball first, pinching ball.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

You've got to make a more vertical upswing, it helps pinching it. Personnally I use my putter grip to do this, with my feet open to the target. I do not rotate my lower body, I find it more consistent this way

Djou

In my stand bag:

Driver: R7 460 Stiff
3-Wood: sumo
5-Wood: sumoIrons: R7 4-AWSW: rac LW: racPutter: Rossa Monsa CGB Fontana-7Balls: Pro V-1, NEW nike ONE

Accelerate through the ball.
Hard, really hard.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!