IGNORED

Where to play? Edinburgh, Scotland

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi

I'm planning a quick weekend trip from London during the summer to Edinburgh and I was wondering if people could recommend a few courses in the area that are interesting and unique to play/

Thank you
Ken

Not sure how often you get to Europe, but I'd probably go out of my way to head up to Fife to play St. Andrews and Kingsbarns. Can't remember exactly, but thought it was only a couple hours from Edinburgh's airport as I made that drive in 2004. Our Euro friends can keep me honest here. But if you're going for golf only, I'd say make the trek. If you have other plans, then you'll probably want to stay more local. As with anyone traveling to Scotland to golf, I'm jealous...enjoy!

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

How far is Gleneagles from Edinburgh (website says less than an hour/50 miles)? I remember that was the course my father and I played as our final round prior to our flight back to the states.

http://www.gleneagles.com/index.aspx

The hotel isn't a hotel, it is a castle. It is ranked among the top 50 hotels in the world.

The Nicklaus Course is host to the Ryder Cup in 2014.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Also, Carnousti is open to the public. Much easier to get a tee time than St. Andrew's (which should be your first choice). Might be a little longer drive than Gleneagles.

And of course Turnberry, Troon Muirfield are worth looking into.

Scottland is pretty small. No drive is going to be more than a couple of hours.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Note: This thread is 5843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!