IGNORED

iPhone/iPad Notifications Now Available

• Administrator

The Sand Trap is now, assuming you have iOS 16.4 or later, ready for notifications on your iPhone or iPad!

iphone_desk.jpg.c48d41cd0e301787998d63eb

The longest awaited iPhone feature is almost here, native iOS notifications, and we couldn't wait to ensure it is enabled for your Invision Community. Invision Community 4.7.9 is iPhone push notification ready...

Add The Sand Trap to your home screen, too, as a stand-alone "app" and you can get notifications on your phone. If you view on a desktop/laptop browser, you can also click the notification bell at the top and you may be prompted to get notifications your desktop, too, if you haven't already.

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the best solution, as the "standalone" app takes you to /forums/ (I can configure that, but only to pages that exist to the general public - I can't even link to /discover/unread/). But, it's something, and just having the site on your phone should notify you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to iPhone/iPad Notifications Now Available
  • Administrator

You'll also want to make sure you have push notifications turned on here: https://thesandtrap.com/notifications/options/.

You'll also want to make sure you have notifications enabled in that browser on that page:

notifications_in_browser_iphone.jpg

Executive summary:

• Ensure you are using iOS 16.4 or newer.
  • Save the site to your iPhone's home screen via the share icon.
  • Enable push notifications via the option at the bottom of the notifications options page.
  • Ensure you have set some notifications to "+ Push".
  • Make sure you haven't disabled notifications via iOS Settings globally or for the app icon if you scroll down the settings list in iOS.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just set it up on my phone. I’ll report back on how it’s going.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I just set it up on my phone. I’ll report back on how it’s going.

You "saved" the site to your home screen on your iPhone?

It's been working really well here.

Just now, iacas said:

You "saved" the site to your home screen on your iPhone?

It's been working really well here.

Yes. And you quoting me sent me a push notification just now. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Yes. And you quoting me sent me a push notification just now. 

Great!

I’ve been using this for 4 days now. It’s way easier than opening Safari because The Sand Trap is an icon on my home page now. I encourage others to try it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve been using this for 4 days now. It’s way easier than opening Safari because The Sand Trap is an icon on my home page now. I encourage others to try it.

The notifications are nice, too.

• Thumbs Up 1