IGNORED

Wright Balance Fitting

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I don't buy it after spending 3+ hours reading about it, watching videos, etc.

This Lesson is an overview of the characteristics of each Core Region from address to...

I think a lot of what he's trying to show is a parlor trick. I think in the video showing grip size versus balance, the person is getting tired of having his weight out over his toes and settles back into a regular stance with the weight over his ankles. I could record a video like that where I flip the bat upside down and I'd start over the balls of my feet and settle back into the heels as I got to the thinner part of the bat.

I also really don't like this:

xR4OJ3i.jpg

In reading the thing above… I first thought that was a setup position!

Now again, @Clemsonfan, this is not commentary on anything you're doing. It's commentary on what I see of this "system" or whatever you want to call it. You don't have to defend it or anything, and if you're liking what you're doing, I'm genuinely happy for you.

49590FF5-3B89-42E7-AED8-6CD725490EBB.jpeg

If you enjoy it @Clemsonfan, that’s great! Please be careful if they push towards too much EE with the upper core swing idea, as there can definitely be back problems with that. I wouldn’t intentionally want someone to come that much out of posture. 

GRF has both vertical and horizontal components. The vertical is usually the stronger of the 2. The picture on the right can also has a lot of vertical GRF. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Also, @Clemsonfan, you should start a Member Swing topic to at least document what you're doing. If you don't want commentary from others, that's okay too.

Thanks for the suggestion, @iacas. I have taken videos of my old swing a few times with the intention of posting but never pulled the trigger. I have seen other golfers barrel down the wrong path following advice from non-professionals with good intentions. We will see.

7 hours ago, phillyk said:

49590FF5-3B89-42E7-AED8-6CD725490EBB.jpeg

If you enjoy it @Clemsonfan, that’s great! Please be careful if they push towards too much EE with the upper core swing idea, as there can definitely be back problems with that. I wouldn’t intentionally want someone to come that much out of posture. 

GRF has both vertical and horizontal components. The vertical is usually the stronger of the 2. The picture on the right can also has a lot of vertical GRF. 

Thanks, @phillyk. My instructor actually stated that switching to a swing that matched my measurements would prevent back troubles. With my lower core swing my left piriformis muscle was always sore. That has diminished greatly since moved to this swing. Ultimately, I am a results person and will need to see my handicap drop for me to continue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades