IGNORED

PING G Series vs Titleist AP1/2

Hello everyone, 

Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this community.

I have a few questions about club choices. If I have commented this in the wrong section, I want to apologize for my ignorance. 

First, I am looking to purchase a pre-owned set of irons for myself and my son. I'd like to hear some opinions on the differences between the Ping G series and the Titleist AP1/2 series. I know these are older clubs, but they are within the price range I am willing to spend right now. My current irons are the Ping G10 and I love them. I also own a brand-new set of Callaway X Hot irons, but I tried using them a couple of times and didn't like them. My son uses the Ping G15 irons and he loves his set. My reason for the upgrade of our irons is due to the new Titleist drivers I purchased for us both. We were using the Ping G425 LST drivers and switched to the Titleist TSR2 and gained 30 yards on our drives. I fell in love with the feel of the Titleist driver and want to give their irons a try. I am looking at the AP1 712 or 714 irons because I read they are more forgiving. Likewise, I may even try the AP2 series, but I want to read some honest opinions before I do. 

My son and I both hit the ball fairly well. Our shots are usually pretty nice in our short game. I am just looking to move forward with our clubs and mature to better irons. Our love for the current Ping irons we use stems from the fact that they are the only ones we have ever used consistently. Will the switch from the Ping irons to the Titleist irons be too dramatic for our game? 

Lastly, I do all of my own work when it comes to our clubs. I replace the grips, weights, heads, etc. All of this work is self-taught from the help of the University of a Google search bar. When it comes to adding weights to irons, do you do this by the feel of the swing? I am thinking of trying to balance our clubs to help with our game. 

Thanks again and in advance for any advice or help with my problems and questions. 

John Johnson AKA hand- i - capped

• iacas changed the title to PING G Series vs Titleist AP1/2